Menu

A silly question for school teachers

Desert Strawberry

Yes and no.  Yes, I got bored with it.  No, it wasn't always exactly the same since the stupid school district kept finding new shiny programs to try out - none of which really taught the material any better than the books before.  This was actually frustrating because after a year the teachers had finally figured out all the things to add to the program to actually make it work and then the district would change it!

I taught KG and to be honest I never really got bored with it. I think I could have in the upper grades.

But with KG, each year I got a new group of students (where most knew nothing) and they left my class reading, writing, etc, etc.

I did have my favorite read alouds and then there were those I did once and then found others to replace it the following year.

Yes, I got bored. However, I was teaching spec ed, so the children were so different that even though it was the same stuff, it wasn't.

I have to admit, I've been known to get bored with hs curr. I've used some new things just because *I* wanted something new--not that the kid needed it!

I'm only on my 3rd kid, but I feel this way about some things.

I only taught for three years. I felt like I engaged with the students and material more each year. I suppose that may have leveled off at some point.

If you are/were a school teacher, did you teach the same stuff every year? If so, did you get bored with it?

I have tutored and taught sports, but never taught in a classroom. I'm just wondering. 

No, I didn't get bored with it because I taught different students every year. Even the same old subject is different because of the personalities of the kids and the make-up of the classroom. IME anyway. Others might be different.

ETA: I taught for 15 years, 12 of them at the same high school.

I've taught ninth grade for over 15 years.  Last year I got so burned out I couldn't stand to teach another year of it.  This year I have 11th grade and although it's a nice change, I will go back to ninth again.  I just needed a breather, so to speak. Last year was a somewhat stressful year, both personally and professionally.