Menu

Miquon: To laminate or not?

NatashainDFW

27 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Laminate
    • Buy 3 copies of each book
    • Other...please explain

Do you have a scanner? You could scan each page and then just print the pages as you need them. That way if a page gets messed up, it isn't ruined, or if a page needs to be revisited you could do that also.

Other than that, I would laminate. I'm not going to buy 3 copies of each book just for fun unless I can afford to and I will have multiple children working at the same time.

ETA: I was thinking of a different, more expensive curriculum (Right Start). I would probably just laminate the sheets if it is more cost effective than buying 3 of each in order to do so.

If you are paying 10 cents per pouch it would cost roughly the same as buying a second workbook. That is before factoring in wear and tear on the laminator and, more importantly, your time. It would probably take you at least an hour to save the cost of the third book. That would have you netting about $5 per hour for your effort. A lot of the pages don't even get written on. If you really want to reuse, put the few pages that can't be done orally into a reusable page protector or worksheet window.

I am thinking we will either use our books and buy another one OR I will take a sheet protector and slice the side edge off and just slip that over each sheet that we're using.

I would not laminate an entire set of books, that's pushing it bit too far. I'd rather buy another set of books in that situation.

Doing the same thing, but places in binders/page protectors - not what I think we'll do. I don't think. But have debated slicing the spines off and spiral binding them. link http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2012/02/reusing-activity-pages-with-page.html

Oh some people use transparencies for the same purpose, even easier. A bind clip would hold it in place. link: http://thehappyhousewife.com/homeschool/reuse-workbooks/

I'm in the 'laminating is insane' group! Don't do that to yourself! If I wanted to save money, I would use page protectors or buy the pdf's. But I hate fiddling with page protectors (I've tried it with other things) and the pdf's are black and white, so personally I plan to buy workbooks for each child. I like the colour!

I am thinking we will either use our books and buy another one OR I will take a sheet protector and slice the side edge off and just slip that over each sheet that we're using.

I would not laminate an entire set of books, that's pushing it bit too far. I'd rather buy another set of books in that situation.

Doing the same thing, but places in binders/page protectors - not what I think we'll do. I don't think. But have debated slicing the spines off and spiral binding them. link http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2012/02/reusing-activity-pages-with-page.html

Oh some people use transparencies for the same purpose, even easier. A bind clip would hold it in place. link: http://thehappyhousewife.com/homeschool/reuse-workbooks/

This is what we do with worksheets I don't want "consumed".

The workbooks are so affordable, there's no way I'd waste time laminating!

If you did want to reuse the workbooks though, I would take apart the whole first book, put each page in a sheet protector and put them all in a binder. Then when you were done with that book I would take out those pages, put them in a folder and reuse the page protectors and binder for the next book. (This obviously wouldn't work if you skipped between books though.)

ETA: I've done the cutting the edge off of a sheet protector and slipping it over each page as you do them thing with another workbook. It works, but it's annoying and the sheet protectors sometimes slip around, not great for elementary age kids.

I'm using Miquon a little bit with my oldest, as a supplement, and I have 3 other kids to follow. Even with that, I still plan on buying books as needed for each child. It just isn't worth my time and effort to do anything else! There are a tons of things I'd rather do (sewing something!).