Menu

Too hot to cook/too hot to go to the store...

starwarsmomma

It's 105 degrees with a heat index of 110.  I'm MELTING!!!!

It's wayyyyy too hot to use the oven today.

I don't have air conditioning working in the car, so I don't want to go to the store.

I have a well stocked pantry, freezer and decent fridge, but I'm out of all fresh veggies right now...  I might have some zuchinni and bell peppers, but that's it.

I have a stove, microwave, toaster oven, and crockpot (but I'm out of time to use the crockpot for today).

There's baseball practice tonight, so I need something everyone can grab as they are able.

Any ideas?

HELP!!!

The microwave and/or toaster oven, unless built in, can be moved to the garage or patio to cook in. Grilling is also an option. DH does a lot of grilling when it's hot.

When I build my dream house it will have a fully functional outdoor kitchen. Until then, crock pot in the garage is a strategy I favor as much as DH likes going for the grill.

Lol--pizza from takeout would be my fav option.:-)

Could you do a quick chicken skillet, with potatoes and rosemary?

Or a nice fritatta--I've been getting into those lately. You could just pop it in the oven for a little bit of time if you mainly work on the stove.

There's always pbj:-) --make a picnic in the livingroom and no one will care it's just sandwiches. You can add popcorn and a movie as a family later to fill up tummies.