Menu

Anybody here regularly skip dinner?

GinaPagnato

I'm in full-on weight loss mode, so I'm being super careful about calories and portion size. But, I'm not into starving myself.

I find I'm hungriest around 10 am and 3 pm and I feed myself then. :) I also have a small breakfast at 6 am and lunch around 12:30 or 1 pm.

But once dinner comes around at like 6, I'm just not very hungry. Perhaps I've consumed the calories my body needs up til that point???

If I skip an official "dinner", or just have something very small like a piece of fruit, I may feel hungry around 8 pm, but it's not terrible, and I can often ignore it and go to bed just fine.

Is this normal/okay? Anyone else do this?

I think it's nice to sit with the family at meal times, but I also think it is fine to have just a bit of salad or a glass of water. Don't force yourself to eat when you're not hungry. Dinner is when most families can gather, although as hsers, some of us can gather for lunch.

You'll know if it becomes a problem because you'll have trouble getting to sleep or wake up hungry in the night.

My kids eat all morning and afternoon, then often refuse dinner. They're still alive and well, though I wouldn't be if I did that.

As long as your blood sugar is OK.

I usually eat a sandwich and fruit around 4pm, and then have just the low calorie salads, veggies, and fruit with a tiny bit of main dish with dinner.

This was a suggestion my Weight Watchers leader gave because I am perpetually starving at 4pm, and that is my "dangerous" time of day. We frequently eat dinner around 7pm.

I come from a country where the main, warm meal is eaten at lunch, and the evening meal is a small, cold meal, salad or sandwich.

For many years, I have consumed 80-90% of my daily calories before 3pm, but eaten a huge breakfast.

Even now, living in the US, I rarely eat a proper dinner, mostly just a small snack - unless we have company. If I eat a big meal in the evening,. I do not feel well.

I come from a country where the main, warm meal is eaten at lunch, and the evening meal is a small, cold meal, salad or sandwich.

Fond memories of dinner at my grandparents (also from the same country). I also remember cheese/crackers, bread/butter and small "picky" food for dinner.

(Sorry for the off topic but this memory put a smile on my face)

My dad always says: king's breakfast, queen's lunch and pauper's dinner.

If I skip an official "dinner", or just have something very small like a piece of fruit, I may feel hungry around 8 pm, but it's not terrible, and I can often ignore it and go to bed just fine.

Is this normal/okay? Anyone else do this?

If I feel a little hungry that late, I ignore it too.