Menu

I really hate year-end clean-up.

It is so anti-climactic to clean up at the end of the year. The kids are excited to get outside and spend time with friends. And I have to go through papers, throw things away, put things away, make sure I keep my records in order, figure out what books I need to get rid to make space for next year's, etc. :tongue_smilie:

I didn't organize the schoolwork of the year before last until March of this year, so I feel your pain. :)

You mean I don't have to do it before I plan the next school year? I am not sure I need to know that. :scared:

You mean I don't have to do it before I plan the next school year? I am not sure I need to know that. :scared:

Evidently not, as shown by my experience. :D

(But don't use me as a yardstick. I have yet to get past page one of my youngest dd's "birth to one year" scrapbook...)

I was up until 1am this morning working on organizing 4th grade folders for the start of summer term, and I've yet to order curriculum. It's taken me all month (while doing school) to get the last of the third grade things put away...so I'm feeling the pain myself.

For all that people mutter about how terrible the laws in Pennsylvania are, that is one huge benefit to this state (er, Commonwealth) -- I was required to do a portfolio for my fifth grader, so I've already organized her work and picked out what I feel is important from it. The rest is sitting in a box, waiting until I get the official word from the school district that they consider it all good, and then I'll toss the extraneous materials. It is a big job, though, but it helps that I'm all excited about next year's plans, so I was anxious to finish this year and clear its books/materials out of our box to make room for shiny new stuff.

Evidently not, as shown by my experience. :D

(But don't use me as a yardstick. I have yet to get past page one of my youngest dd's "birth to one year" scrapbook...)

Ahhh! Me, too. And I only have two kids. I think I am seeing a pattern.

I have boxes of school papers and workbooks in the storage room. Let's see- six boxes for Dd10, four for Ds8, 2 for Ds6 and one or two jumbled boxes. I tell myself I'll sort them when I have more time, but I don't see myself saying, "Hey, it's a beautiful day, the house is clean, suppers in the crockpot. I should drag a dozen boxes of papers out of the storage room and sort them."

I have boxes of school papers and workbooks in the storage room. Let's see- six boxes for Dd10, four for Ds8, 2 for Ds6 and one or two jumbled boxes. I tell myself I'll sort them when I have more time, but I don't see myself saying, "Hey, it's a beautiful day, the house is clean, suppers in the crockpot. I should drag a dozen boxes of papers out of the storage room and sort them."

That's why I feel so compelled to keep up with it. We moved before my kids started school, and due to some medical issues, I couldn't go through everything, and we ended up moving all of our junk. I can't stand the thought of adding to it.

I school year-round too, but still do the Spring clean-up...it is not fun. I agree.

I spend much of April and May stuffing things here and there so it's my own fault, and I always promise myself to be more organized next year.

I agree...and the prospect is even less enticing since I am barely recovered from a local move over the holidays (the house was making me sick) and an expected move to another state this summer.

More than just cleaning up, I need to organize and figure out and make sure what's needed for next year will get labeled well and is all together somewhere where I can easily identify it.

I also have a few things to buy but don't want to process them twice, I will most likely get them after the move.