Menu

It's a WTM weekend

Me too. I keep saying, I missed the chance to move there. I could be pickin veggies and partying in Sept.

Jet

Oooh, idea, west coast gals should charter Peek a Boos dh plane. Then we can all be together for the bash. Well, its nice to dream.

I'm restraining my natural upsurge of jealousy in order to be polite and say, 'I'm so glad y'all had a great time.'

But I'm glad y'all had such a great time. :001_smile:

My restraint is all used up. I have to wait 24 hrs before using any more restraint. So let me tell everybody how I...uh, you...feel about this:

We're all hot & sweaty & cranky anyway, our ankles are swollen, & our tomatoes are rotten. So we wanna come. And we like blueberries. And we like Pam. And we like Melissa. And we know that if it was really that hot, you were probably wearing neat hats. We like to wear neat hats.

The heat might be making us crazy.

My restraint is all used up. I have to wait 24 hrs before using any more restraint. So let me tell everybody how I...uh, you...feel about this:

We're all hot & sweaty & cranky anyway, our ankles are swollen, & our tomatoes are rotten. So we wanna come. And we like blueberries. And we like Pam. And we like Melissa. And we know that if it was really that hot, you were probably wearing neat hats. We like to wear neat hats.

The heat might be making us crazy.

I TOLD you to move here. :grouphug:

Hang in there, darlin'.

I got to talk to Mamagistra yesterday on the phone. She's way cool, like there was any doubt. And I got to spend the day with Pam SFSOM today!!! Pam is so awesome!

Pam, I had a HUGE plate of tomatoes and cottage cheese the second I got home --delicious! Thanks!

Hanging out with Melissa is an amazing restorative. I highly recommend it. She even let me drag her to hot, book-filled warehouses and press books into her bag. ( Time, Love, and Memory in hardcover, A Samurai's Tale and its sequel, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Gone-Away Lake, The Good Son by Gurian, and something or other by Lloyd Alexander, and who knows what else) A big ol' bagful of good stuff, as much as you could stuff in there, for $1. So it was pretty much worth the heat, and as Melissa said, it helps remove our toxins to sweat that much in one day.

And who knew she was so passionate about fresh tomatoes? :D

She's really got this whole stick shift thing down pat now. I certainly didn't learn that well that fast! :auto:

Okay, y'all are making me blush here. Thanks so much for the kind words.

And Gardenschooler, thanks! I am actually just a huge homebody. I like to have fun in a quiet sort of way. The most relaxing things for me involve food, friends hanging out and chatting, and knitting. I hope this doesn't disappoint your image of me and that you'll still visit with sometime when you come to town!

A day with Pam was just the thing. No real plans or expectations. Just meandering and being. Very lovely indeed!