Menu

A bit o' Friday fun: the WORST 80s song ev.er.

I agree. You can not dis my DEVO. :D

Crack that whip.

Next you will be dissing Adam Ant.

Sadly, I remember having a major crush on Adam Ant.... course, how dim was I to never see the "Adam Ant - adamant" connection? Took DH to point that one out years later!

"I Want Candy". Hate it. It's repetitive and senseless. And really, really annoying!!!

But I LOVE most of the songs posted here. lol ESPECIALLY the one by Dead or Alive and Starship (although, I preferred them as Jefferson Airplane). Wow. And I must admit to STILL loving New Kids on the Block - their good ol' late 80's stuff. Them and Tiffany and Debbie Gibson... Ahh! Those were the days of 8th grade and, well, that's it. I didn't do blue eye shadow or big hair. Ever.

It always seemed like so much effort to get that bangs-orbiting-the-head effect, that I just never bothered. Guess I missed out on something great there.

Sadly, I remember having a major crush on Adam Ant.... course, how dim was I to never see the "Adam Ant - adamant" connection? Took DH to point that one out years later!

What?!!! Oh, great. . . . .so now, about 22 years later. . . . . .

I GET IT!

:blink:

ETA: I am absolutely NOT reading any posts in this thread, b/c if I do, I'll be singing all. night. long. And I'm not talking Lionel Ritchie. . . oh no! HEELLLPPPPPP!!!!

I would have run away with Adam Ant. I might still run away with Sting.:D

Before he was a solo act, he fronted a group called Adam and the Ants. He had the greatest outfits, he was like a punk pirate. Hawt.

Gosh, it's hard to choose JUST ONE! My vote is Laura Brannigan's "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" whining mantra. It sends shivers down my spine just typing the words. ewww. Sugar Walls is probably my 2nd choice!

Ugh, that was horrible. Like nails on a chalkboard. You're not supposed to live without me, you drove me away with your whining! Die, woman!

I don't remember Sugar Walls. I don't think I want to know.

No Way! I wanted to be

That song reminds me of a great trip I took with my then-future-sister-in-law. We drove from Minneapolis to Chicago and heard that song over and over on the radio. We loved it!

I can't believe I've never heard some of these songs. Sugar Walls? Oh.my.word. That is just horrid! :lol:

I have gone through six pages...six pages of replies in this thread, looking in vain for what is without question the worst song of the 80's. Get ready, lady, yeah, you lady....

Hands down, indubitably!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:iagree:This one is absolutely terrible. I feel so sorry for this lady walking around in her English countryside mansion moping because she hasn't "found herself". It's a rough life...

My vote's for "Total Eclipse of the Heart"---cheese city

and anything by Duran Duran

How can anyone not like Devo?!:tongue_smilie::001_huh:

Well, but when you watch a Duran Duran video, you can just mute the sound and still enjoy the experience. ;) Agree on Total Eclipse--I find myself clearing my OWN throat when I hear that song. Grrr, that voice makes me crazy.

Guest Virginia Dawn
"Solid" by Ashford and Simpson and anything. ANYTHING. by Gloria Estefan.

::twitch::

:001_huh:

What's wrong with Gloria Estefan?

I would have run away with Adam Ant. I might still run away with Sting.:D

:iagree: Now I have Adam Ant songs in my head. Ah, youth. If you study music appreciation you must get the DVD/CD combo of Sting's "The Journey and the Labyrinth". It's all John Dowland songs, very nice, the DVD has great scenery, really it does.

If "Achy, Breaky Heart" had been 80's it would have won--I just think it is the all time worst song--but for the 80's it had to be Eddie Murphy's "Party All the Time".

When my dd was about 4 it was on the radio, and she asked me why the singer wanted to "Potty all the time??"! ROTFL!!!

Oh, no, it would have to be Eddie Murphy's "Boogie in Your Butt"! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNWEeLz125Q