Menu

If you eat LCHF, what do you always keep on hand in your kitchen?

ILiveInFlipFlops

I try to always keep the following in my kitchen:

avocados

bell peppers

goat cheese

good Swiss cheese

eggs

nuts

coconut oil

But I'm in a rut, and these aren't sounding as appealing as they used to. I really need to keep things on hand that I can prep and eat quickly or I fall off the wagon, so I'm looking for new ideas. I need to do a big cabinet clean-out and grocery shopping trip when we get back from this trip we're on. Any ideas?

:lurk5: (my last bucket before I get home *sob*)

I'm still new to LCHF and looking for more quick ideas. My list would be more or less the same as above. I'd add:

butter

Costco bacon bits for throwing in the pan with the egg

Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar

Sunbutter, creamy version (has 3g sugar per 2 tbsp; I think it tastes much better than the version without sugar... :tongue_smilie:)

ground beef (I found some grass-fed pre-cooked patties in the refrigerated section of Costco - sort of for emergencies, I guess, though I'd still fry it up in a pan for a couple minutes)

olive oil

A variety of veggies and eggs. I find that a frittata is quick to make and tastes different every time.

I keep bacon on hand for dh- he's always happy with bacon and eggs if I don't have time/inclination to cook a real dinner.

Currently we're eating lots of roasted brussels sprouts, fresh asparagus, avocado and tomato salads, and a small amount of strawberries.

Ditto the cream cheese, not so much hard cheeses. Also, the eggs and avocado. And bacon. And tuna. I make my own mayo, and I always keep up on it (I use olive oil). With tuna, eggs, bacon, mayo, and avocado, I'm a happy camper. :-)

I like to buy ground sirloin and make patties out of it and freeze them individually. Then they're easy to take out and nuke for a quick meal (with avocado and bacon and mayo, lol).

I used to keep peanut butter, but I looked more closely at the carb count and have decided that it's much higher than I want to eat.

{lurking} I am addicted to bagels and the like, but I feel so much better when I am low carb or almost no carb...but, I run out of snack ideas, I do okay with lunch and dinner ideas but snacks, I got nothing, except natural pb on celery...I like that. I am also scattered and kind of lazy (busy, too) so if it's not easy to whip up, I won't.

so, a bunch of you mentioned almond butter, pb...what do you eat it on? What about tuna salad, what do you eat it on?

:bigear:

Here's my list:

cream

cream cheese

sour cream

chicken broth

avocados

chicken thighs

chicken wings

chicken breasts

(I use the bones from the wings and thighs to make bone broth every week. I usually buy a Costco roast chicken several times a month and use those bones for broth also)

eggs

bacon

almond flour

coconut flour

stevia glycerite

erythritol

mayo

butter

frozen cauli

almond butter

coconut oil

pistachios

macadamia

85-90% cacao chocolate

Dutch baking cocoa

ground turkey (but thinking about making the leap to ground beef)

steak (buy when on sale and freeze)

shrimp

• 1 year later...
Guest Daizeefli

:lol: HI! I am a newbie to this way of eating, but I have been doing it for 3 weeks and have lost 9 lbs and feel WONDERFUL!  So, take my advice cautiously as I am still learning.  And everyone does this thing a bit differently for them. I love to have Pepperoni and cheese on hand.  Also, my friend makes smoothies with full fat coconut milk and few berries and spinach.  (going to try that as soon as I get to the store!) Olives and pickles for snacks when I want something sweet will curb the cravings.  I am also doing Gluten free after learning how bad wheat is for you.  I have cheese and some sandwich meat for a quick something and of course veggies veggies veggies and most of the things the others added.  I bought an eggplant to do eggplant Pizzas! I am enjoying this way of eating and do not feel deprived at all. My friend recommended drinking a lot of unsweet herbal teas. I LOVE the apple cinnamon spice. You actually get a big taste of sweet on your tongue now and again.. enough to keep you happy.  Trust me before this I was a crazy sugar lover.  It has NOT been easy to give that up..but I am plugging along!  For the person that asked about eating tuna and pnut butter and what to put it on.. celery sticks.  Or take a cucumber, cut lengthwise and hollow it out - use it as your bread for tuna.  I just eat it plain sometimes (with Mayo of course!). Hope this helps!

sardines

celery

cucumbers

cherry tomatoes

carrots

tuna

salad greens

Atkins milk chocolate drinks

meat - chicken, beef

Greek yogurt - plain full fat

sour cream

cheese