Menu

Sale at Hewitt Homeschool on RS4K, BF, Saxon & More (X-post)

Amber in SJ

Wow, their shipping is outrageous. They tried to charge me $35 for shipping for a couple books! Less than $100 worth. Is this a glitch or is it always this expensive??

Thx for posting this. I was just searching for shipping costs on the website and couldn't find it. It looks like I would have had to create an acoount and start the check-out process just to find out the shipping.

Thx for posting this. I was just searching for shipping costs on the website and couldn't find it. It looks like I would have had to create an acoount and start the check-out process just to find out the shipping.

Yes, I had to do that, which is irritating. My shipping cost ended up a little over $12 for a little over $100. I wonder if it was cheaper, since the company's in WA and I'm in OR.

Erica in OR

Wow, their shipping is outrageous. They tried to charge me $35 for shipping for a couple books! Less than $100 worth. Is this a glitch or is it always this expensive??

That doesn't seem right. I bought the Beautiful Feet Geography package minus one book...so a guide, maps, and 3 other books. My shipping was only $4.88 on $32.90.

As long as my total was under $50 they offered media mail, over $50 media mail wasn't an option. Hmm it makes fiscal sense to place two orders....

It didn't offer it to me. Only UPS. Huh. I'm in the states, too. I did email and they said:

"The shipping quotes are the actual postage it costs us. Books are heavy and UPS and the other carriers have raised their rates a lot lately. Sorry."

I sell online all the time and I've never once had a package need that much in shipping-even to Canada!!! They certainly did not change their shipping that much recently. I've bought and sold online for years.

Looks like I'll pass. I did a search and this does seem to be an issue others have had before with outrageous shipping.

Thank you! I got a lot of the Beautiful Feet books that I'd been drooling over, but didn't want to take the plunge. Some of them were more than 50% off it seemed...

As for shipping, I wasn't happy with it, but I still saved a lot with the shipping costs counted in. 6 of one, half a dozen of another...

I had ordered my boys the next 4 levels of math (I was so excited to get it at half price!). But the next morning had an email that they had oversold and instead of $250 worth of math books, they only had one $13 workbook available. Sigh. It was almost a dream come true LOL!!

Jodie