Menu

NICE but not crazy expensive hotels in orlando?

Halcyon

We are planning our first holiday in two years--yay! We want to visit Universal and maybe some other parks....We are looking for nice hotels in Orlando that aren't ridiculously expensive. I just can't stay in another dive LOL. I want something NICE but not $300 a night!

Any suggestions??? (Our fave hotel we have stayed at was WDW Animal Kingdom.)

There are lot of condos/houses nearby that you can rent for cheap. I've never done it (we prefer to stay on Disney property), but my MIL just did it over Christmas and got a nice condo for $125 a night.

If you wanted to stay in Disney again you could rent DVC points and then a studio would be about 1/2 rack rate.

I only stay at hotels that I've personally seen, as there are SOOO many out dated dumps in Orlando...and the online pictures don't show the reality of them. For the past three trips, we've stayed at Westgate Lakes. It's a timeshare place, BUT you don't have to do the timeshare presentation...they also sell it as a just a regular hotel/condo, with a living room, and kitchen. I wouldn't do Orlando at a regular hotel, only do condo's with kitchens, so we can at least do breakfast in the room. We've stayed in different rooms each time, and all were nice. It's convenient to all the parks. They have good prices, depending on the season you go (we always go in off season, ie not summer or Christmas time), and I know exactly what I am getting.

We stayed at this Regal Palms 3 bedroom condo a couple years back

http://www.regalpalmsrental.com/

It was very clean, well equipped, and the lazy river "pool" was a lot of fun for all of us. Price changes with the season, but I'm quite sure we paid less than $100/night. Restaurant on the grounds is expensive - we didn't eat there, but there is a Publix a couple blocks away.

Do you want a hotel or a condo?

Bonnet Creek is said to be really nice. You can get a condo from them through VacationStrategies.com for around $100/night for a 2 bedroom.

I am thinking we want a hotel, but bonnet creek looks very nice! I just emailed Humaira and Rick for a rate request from vacation strategies.

I would consider staying on site when going to Universal. There are specials or one person can buy an annual pass and that brings the price down a lot. It includes an extra early hour and fast passes to very short lines for everything at the park. Whatever you decide you'll have a great time.