Menu

I realized something yesterday...

ktgrok

I was sitting in the parking lot at Publix (grocery store) and realized that I may end up having my oldest go off to college the same year my youngest starts kindergarten. For some reason this seems to trigger a mini panic attack. wow. I feel old.

My oldest is a senior in high school. My youngest is in kindergarten. My middle is in sixth grade. Then I have a second grader thrown in, too. She is also the girl, so she really doesn't fit my pattern.

It really is no big deal. We run in three different circles. Life is always exciting.

People do ask me often if all of the kids have the same father, since there is such a wide spread. They do.

I was feeling a bit flustered in the fall, but it soon gave way to shear exhaustion when we started actually making school/life changing decisions for all 3 kids at one time (12 year age gap).

This was me this past fall.

Registering one for Selective Service and the University

Registering one in private middle school (we were shopping for middle/highschool that are part of one school so she could transition before credits started counting....so I was shopping for middle and highschool at the same time.)

Registering one in kindergarten at an elementary school on boundary exception, so we were school shopping for her too.

All in one year

When it is all over, just know that your not old....your just experienced!

This is exactly what is happening to me in the fall. I'm quite happy that this is my first time around and that I still have other children at home. But, these first 17 years feel like they have flown by when I look at my eldest. And yes, I am feeling so much older now that I can say I will have a college student.

Ok, y'all are giving me a bit of hope that I will survive, lol. It's just so different than anyting I've seen around me. My parents had two children, 3 years apart,and done. My sister had two children, 2 years apart, and done. My friends are not all done, but their oldests are the age of my middle. It's just odd. I know one other homeschool mom that has a daughter my oldest son's age, and a 1 year old, so that is close. My poor hubby hasn't had this realization yet, and I am NOT bringing it to his attention.

Actually..the more I think about it, having Kindy to start will be a good distraction for me as I miss my oldest. Maybe I did this well after all!

That was me this past Fall too. I think it would have been worse if I was sending my youngest off to public school at the same time I sent my oldest off to college. Having the younger two at home helped a lot I think. Although every time I think about having an adult daughter, who will be turning 19 in a few weeks, I feel very old.