Menu

Does Winter Promise always have crappy processing time?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my charter school has all things sent to the person's ES who delivers them. I guess it's tempting to pick on a nebulous "school" to blame your poor shipping times, but in our case, it would be a personal slur.

I have read the thread. The only issues regarding dowloads I see mentioned is people ordering and not getting the entire thing at once. The main complaint is shipping and Winter Promises often apethetic response to their poor customer service. I know you want to stand up for WP but your tone is very off putting and may actually turn more people away from the company. I don't know why you feel being rude is the way to support them. I hope Winter Promise gets their act together because I like their stuff, but so far I mostly see excuses coming from them. I just recently bought their Habitats, Hollows and Homes and plan on getting other exclusives down the road but there is nothing wrong with us as their customers or possible future being wary and asking them for changes. Their track record is horrendous and very questionable!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update for those that are interested.

I ordered one of WP's science programs around February 22th. The program only contained about 6 items. Two of them were WP exclusives and the others were books and science kits. Within a week, I received one book from Books-a-Million. On March 5th, I received a notice that my order had been shipped. On March 9th, I received one book, which was not part of the program that I had ordered. I contacted WP and they said they rest had been shipped, so they didn't know why I hadn't received it, but I should soon and they would ship the correct book. They offered me a $15 credit. Two days later, I received all but the replacement book, so I told them not to bother with the $15 credit. On March 20th, I still had not received the replacement book, so I e-mailed them again. They said they were having a hard time getting the book (though I could easily see it was available on Amazon) and that they are sending the book, but to let them know if it was not a new copy!!!

Anyway, I did finally receive the last book and it was new.

I had offered to mail back the copy of the incorrect book they sent me, but they wanted me to mail it to them and let them know the postage so they could reimburse me. Um, no!

So I did get the whole program, and they were nice, but honestly, I cannot imagine ordering a package from them that contained 30 or 40 books. Nothing seems to have changed in the way they are handling things. And, to be honest, while I like the two books included in the program, I am not impressed with it overall. It seems like they just threw it together and it is obvious that the student worktext is from another program that they discontinued since it has that program's name on the top of every page in the book. I hope I am pleasantly surprised once we begin using it in the fall.