Menu

For fun...What have you failed to accomplish in homeschooling?

Excelsior! Academy

Music, right now, is basically DD's regular piano lesson. And I'm a college music professor (or was, before I quit because I got annoyed with balancing part-time college teaching and full-time homeschooling).

Art-DD draws a lot, but has never had a formal art lesson or class unless you count buying draw and write through history and a bunch of artist cards from Dover.

Geography, so far, unless you count stack the states and stack the countries. She had trouble answering a World Science day question that asked which way you'd go to get to Florida from New York. Sigh...

Maybe next year...

I will give it to you, but I am not sure I want to hear from you if you do it, okay? ;) I havent decided if attempting will make me feel like twice the failure,...lol

It does look cool though *sigh* ANd she even has videos and warm up sheets *squeal* I have not read it enough to know if it is a get you started thing or a full semester or what.

http://www.squidoo.c...hchildrennature

Ooooh! This is good! :drool5: Thank you - - I think.

I can do this one time a week. I'm sure I can.

Lapbooks, oh my GOSH, I'm awful at them! They look so enticing, but they're so boring we haven't made it through a single one.

Nature study. I should really be better at this, but I suck.

We don't have resources for the girls to learn instruments. They get their music education from a free children's choir. And some casual listening at home.

I'm also kind of awful at memorization. We started out fine, but it's just fallen by the wayside. Only so many hours in the day.

A lot of science labs. 2 of our dc are in college and had chemistry, plus labs last semester. One made an A in the lab and a B+ in the course. The other made an A+ in the lab and an A in the course. I was very surprised as I was certain I had scarred them for life by not getting to those blasted labs every week. :rolleyes:

The thing I failed to do, however, that *I* think made a difference was a whole, lot of math. I wish I'd done SO much more math with all 5 of them than I did. My dc, though, assure me that they missed absolutely nothing by not getting to all that math. Yeah, right. :tongue_smilie:

Thank you for answering this part; I fear it's going to buried. When you say "a lot of math" what exactly do you mean? And what maths did you do? What do you wish you had done?

~coffee~