Menu

Mkay... I'll send you that $2.01, but you realize

Guest inoubliable

Guest inoubliable

that since you spent $.46 on that stamp to send me a bill, that you're only really getting $1.55 on this?

Lady, I have no idea how you still have a job at city hall. My receipt says the bill was paid on the first, it was due on the first, but then you send me a late fee and interest fee because you claim it wasn't paid since your bank didn't deposit it until the 4th.

And I will fight it, just like I fight it out with you ever year on the taxes, and every other month on the water bill. And, I will win again. Just like I do every time since I have a receipt showing that you are wrong.

I appreciate that pink highlighter this time. That was cheery of you.

Guest inoubliable

Hahaha. $.89 and a threat of reporting to a credit agency??

My bill says something about "if you do not pay this, we can/will garnish your wages (good luck, I don't work!) and/or put a hold on your tax refund (you mean the one for next year? Mkay...)".

Seriously. So ridiculous. No idea how that woman still works there. She must cost city hall all kinds of money.

I got a bill from a Dr. recently for .01. I.Kid.You.Not. Once cent! My husband went online and used our (free) bill pay to send them their penny (that we shouldn't have owed in the first place). We got our paid in full receipt with our check inside and a smile face. So it cost them .94 to tell us we owed .01. My daughter probably doesn't have a podiatrist anymore, but hey.

I got a bill from a Dr. recently for .01. I.Kid.You.Not. Once cent! My husband went online and used our (free) bill pay to send them their penny (that we shouldn't have owed in the first place). We got our paid in full receipt with our check inside and a smile face. So it cost them .94 to tell us we owed .01. My daughter probably doesn't have a podiatrist anymore, but hey.

I hear you. We had this happen when closed on a bank account one time. Apparently they gave us 1 cent too much. Then billed us for about three months. After several phone calls I finally just went to the bank and handed them their penny.

I got a bill from the hospital some weeks after my DD was born, and I had already met the deductible previously and shouldn't have owed them anything. I called and explained to the woman in billing that they had apparently added the insurance payment to my account as a charge instead of applying it to my account as a payment--doubling the amount I supposedly owed. She was really confused, then embarrassed and said she was impressed at how calmly I was handling it. She should have seen me when I opened the bill!

that since you spent $.46 on that stamp to send me a bill, that you're only really getting $1.55 on this?

Lady, I have no idea how you still have a job at city hall. My receipt says the bill was paid on the first, it was due on the first, but then you send me a late fee and interest fee because you claim it wasn't paid since your bank didn't deposit it until the 4th.

And I will fight it, just like I fight it out with you ever year on the taxes, and every other month on the water bill. And, I will win again. Just like I do every time since I have a receipt showing that you are wrong.

I appreciate that pink highlighter this time. That was cheery of you.

cheery of you...*snort*...so funny!! It's good you can have a fun attitude...how annoying this must be!

There is simply no room for common sense in bureaucracy. It's mind boggling.

I received a bill for a 30 cent credit...um...why waste the money?!

That is crazy. Most places have bills automatically generated or billing outsourced by people who make money off the number of bills they send out who don't care what the amount is because they get paid the same.

Here is a thought on some of the larger companies billing and credits.

Say AT&T is owed $1 from 1 million of its millions of customers. If they let that slide they are losing $1,000,000 in revenue. In the reverse, if they owe credit of $1 to 1 million they are skimming $1,000,000 from their customers. Anyone going to allow that? Pennies add up!

On a smaller scale, 2000 customers owe $.50. That is $1000. Don't know about you, but I'd miss it!

Say AT&T is owed $1 from 1 million of its millions of customers. If they let that slide they are losing $1,000,000 in revenue. In the reverse, if they owe credit of $1 to 1 million they are skimming $1,000,000 from their customers. Anyone going to allow that? Pennies add up!

On a smaller scale, 2000 customers owe $.50. That is $1000. Don't know about you, but I'd miss it!

being around finance types, I've heard the saying "it's not the dollars, but nickles and dimes kill a budget" many times.

these bills are computer generated, and they are not paying full price for a stamp - businesses get volume discounts. but you'd think they'd have it set up to not send out bills when it costs them more to send out the statement. (they are paying paper, toner, labor)

Just an FYI about those medical billings: My dh is a physician. I was in the office several months ago when the office manager was opening mail. She received a check for oh, a little over a dollar, I think. In it was a nasty note complete with some colorful name calling. When I asked the office manager why we would bother with billing that amount she told me that it comes from the insurance company contracts that the physician signs. In order to provide care for folks with certain insurance companies, the insurance company has the physician sign a contract with the stipulation that all $$$ not covered by the insurance will be billed to the patient. If it isn't billed, the physician is in violation of the contract and it can be pulled.

So...it may not be your physician who has lost his/her mind. It could be the contracts that he has to sign in order to provide you care that requires him to bill you those stupid little amounts. Honestly, he would be happy to throw that into the rather large pile of write-offs he already has for the month.

I think I'd be tempted to speak to a city manager or mayor or someone, because it's tax dollars that are paying this woman, and if she's repeatedly sending out letters saying that people are late on their bills, when they aren't, that's costing the taxpayers a lot of money. I think you have the right to be annoyed. It's not about the few cents; that happens sometimes, but it's about the waste of public funds. Think about what's being wasted if it's happening to several thousand customers frequently.