Menu

UPDATE!!!prayers please! kidney transplant for my ex!

ktgrok

My ex, my 13 year old's father, has been on the waiting list for a kidney due to immune mediated disease. He just called me and they think they have a kidney for him! Please please please pray that this works out, he does well in surgery, and can go on with his life. Also, all this medical stuff is really hard on my son. Having to see his dad on dialysis for the past year has been hard, and before that his dad had heart issues (caused by a virus...he has bad luck it seems), and was in and out of hospitals. Just pray in general

UPDATE! He is out of surgery and it went "very well". And took only 2 hours, which is at the low end of the time they estimated. Now prayers for a quick recovery, minimal pain, and minimal scarring would be great. He gets keloid scars, so that's why I ask for that. And pleas,e pray he doesn't reject the kidney or have a recurrence of the disease that caused the problem. ThanI am so grateful he got the kidney. I had been feeling guilty because I am a match, but we both decided we didn't want to risk both parents in surgery. Also, if my son inherited the disease he may need my kidney some day. So I had a good reason for not donating but still felt bad as he went through dialysis.

My son is thrilled that his father won't be tied to his machines all the time.

My ex, my 13 year old's father, has been on the waiting list for a kidney due to immune mediated disease. He just called me and they think they have a kidney for him! Please please please pray that this works out, he does well in surgery, and can go on with his life. Also, all this medical stuff is really hard on my son. Having to see his dad on dialysis for the past year has been hard, and before that his dad had heart issues (caused by a virus...he has bad luck it seems), and was in and out of hospitals. Just pray in general!

will do, katie

UPDATE! He is out of surgery and it went "very well". And took only 2 hours, which is at the low end of the time they estimated. Now prayers for a quick recovery, minimal pain, and minimal scarring would be great. He gets keloid scars, so that's why I ask for that. And pleas,e pray he doesn't reject the kidney or have a recurrence of the disease that caused the problem. ThanI am so grateful he got the kidney. I had been feeling guilty because I am a match, but we both decided we didn't want to risk both parents in surgery. Also, if my son inherited the disease he may need my kidney some day. So I had a good reason for not donating but still felt bad as he went through dialysis.

My son is thrilled that his father won't be tied to his machines all the time.

Katie