Menu

Twin bed cover/blanket that doesn't slide off --wanted.

kalanamak

I have a typical poly-fill comforter on kiddo's bed, with a cotton/poly outside. It seems to slip off to one side at night. I tried a thin down cover (it is not cold here), ditto. Is there something that has some *weight* to it or some other magic thing that will keep the durned thing on the bed? Are there sleeping-bagish things that have a plain sheet on the bottom and something warmer on top so kiddo won't keep waking up cold and uncovered?

Ideas?

I haven't been able to find a twin comforter that will stay on over night so I've resorted to full/queen size comforters and blankets. They hang ove the bed a lot so if "neatness" in bedmaking is your bane, then that solution won't work for you! But with teenaged boys - neatness is arbitrary!

Myra

I had to google what a twin bed was. Thanks to wikipedia I discovered that a twin bed it is the same as what is known as a single bed in the rest of the world!

4 of my children use single beds. We use sheets, then wool blankets then a homemade quilt. the wool blankets tuck in on three sides. keeping the bed together. ds15 is well over 6 feet tall, and has trouble keeping the blankets tucked in, so he uses a double bed blanket that is a little bigger, and tucks in a little further.

Flannel sheets for winter, for you say the climate is mild. I don't remember where I bought it, but for a while with two of our boys, I used a heavy, cotton quilted coverlet as a bedspread/additional warm layer.

Is the "slipping off" because the sleeper kicks while asleep?

If all else fails, during the winter months, have your kids sleep in those "footed sleepers"!

We have Pottery Barn quilts on all of our kids beds which I tuck under the matress. I am *slightly* fanatical about neatly made beds, and even my three year old can meet my standards using this method. They are a good weight and not slippery.

ETA: Only tucked in at the bottom, so it is "anchored" and will not slip off.

DS could not figure out how to keep his blankets on when he was younger, so I ended up putting a twin size comforter on his toddler bed (you would use a full/queen comforter for a twin bed). I turned it sideways so it wrapped all the way around the mattress and was tucked in on one side and the bottom. Basically like putting the mattress in a giant blanket folder, if that makes sense. Then it was anchored enough that he could not pull the blanket off without really trying to.

So I'm not alone!

I had been planning to get an all-cotton rectangular Colman sleeping bag for "campouts" in the living room. For one fitting up to 5'11", I'd pay the same price as most twin comforters. I ordered on and I can unzip and lay out long on each side, or he can zip up and sleep in it on top. If he does that I'll get a cotton liner to wash weekly.

This week is the big move Back To His Own Bed (his idea). Now he'll not have the excuse of cold to come creeping back into mine.