Menu

need a new book for me - what is everyone reading?

HollyDay

I just finished The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (fiction) and the Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua (biography), both were fairly easy reads. I am now reading The Giver by Lois Lowry (I never read it in school).

I'm working my way through Reading the Bible Again for the First Time (Borg), alternating with bits of Son of a Preacher Man (Bakker) when my brain needs a break.

Waiting for the kids last night in the car I read about the first half of Notes from the Underwire: Adventures from my Awkward and Lovely Life (Cummings), which had me laughing out loud.

I'm also listening to The Screwtape Letters during walks and while doing household stuff. I remember reading it when I was a teen, but I realized I didn't remember a whole lot.

I'm reading Destiny Disrupted by Tamim Ansary and The Reluctant Tuscan by Phil Doran. The Tuscan book was recommended by my father who found it to be quite funny, but I'm not seeing the same humor he found. Destiny Disrupted is "a history of the world through Islamic eyes." Very interesting.

Guest inoubliable

Re-reading Mrs. Mike. My sixth grade teacher lent me her copy and I loved it then. I found it on Amazon about a year ago and never found the time to read it again.