Menu

S/O If one were to have exercise pants that come below the navel

Jean in Newcastle

but the person had a big belly (thus the exercise), where would said person find shirts that might hide any embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions that might occur when the person was doing jumping jacks in a crowded exercise room? The wardrobe malfunctions just might have something to do with the person's belly popping out over the waistband of the exercise pants. :blushing:

Ugh! I hate that so many workout clothes are made for bodies that are super fit!

If I were you, I'd hit up a local thrift store and see what I could find as far as big, roomy T-shirts.

This is why I go to the gym at 6 AM...nobody is there to see me or my wardrobe.

Men's t-shirts. Longer length provides better coverage. I might also wear a tank top (long length or a men's style there too) to tuck in the pants if it were too revealing.

:iagree:

Although if the tank top is snug it will tend to want to creep up to the narrowest point of your waist, leaving the muffin top flapping in the breeze. At least, I suppose that's what it would do. It's not like that happens to me on a regular basis or anything. :glare:

Anyway, I'd maybe test drive the entire ensemble at home.

OK - say one were to wear long/men's t-shirts. Say the belly (ie. a roll) popped over the band but was still hidden by the shirt. How does one get over the physical discomfort of feeling "exposed" even if technically one were not? One feels funny doing the "one, two, three, hitch" dance while trying to hike things up!

Longer shirts have been the trend for a while now, even in workout gear. Look for a longer shirt. These tanks are my favorite to wear when working out. When I pull it down it covers 3/4 or my booty. I am short, that may have something to do with it. Be careful with baggy shirts if you are doing pushups or planks.

OK - say one were to wear long/men's t-shirts. Say the belly (ie. a roll) popped over the band but was still hidden by the shirt. How does one get over the physical discomfort of feeling "exposed" even if technically one were not? One feels funny doing the "one, two, three, hitch" dance while trying to hike things up!

I think that is something you will just have to get used to. Maybe wear the pants under your belly so you don't have that feeling of it popping under during exercise if that happens often.

Maybe you need a different kind of pants. I have yoga pants that I work out in, but I also have a pair of pants I got at Wal-mart that have a higher waist and drawstring. They cover more, but are made of yoga-pants-type material, so I can work out in them. They were in that section in Wal-mart with some different pants folded and put on shelves; they come in black and gray.

If it's truly uncomfortable, I'd find different pants. I like some that have the waistband that can be rolled down. I don't roll the waist band down, I leave it up. I'm long waisted and that creates a better line and leave chance of "fallout". If you haven't already, you might try some compression type pants that kind of squish everything down (so not the technical term).

Another option would be traditional sweat with a tie waistband.

Maybe you need a different kind of pants. I have yoga pants that I work out in, but I also have a pair of pants I got at Wal-mart that have a higher waist and drawstring. They cover more, but are made of yoga-pants-type material, so I can work out in them. They were in that section in Wal-mart with some different pants folded and put on shelves; they come in black and gray.

I agree. Get some pants that don't scare you so you're not thinking about your wardrobe. Generally, I exercise in low pants and a crop top, so I know those are easier to find in stores. I only do this because I need to see my midriff when I'm working. I KNOW it's easier to find low pants right now, but today I'm sitting here in high sweats with a drawstring almost up to my navel. I'm cleaning house, they're comfortable, and nobody needs to see my tummy today. I got these at Old Navy.

Have you tried Nike Fit pants? They have several different cuts, and one is basically AT the navel....maybe just so slightly below, but nothing drastic. They are also slimming.

I wear Zella and those are pretty low and trim fitting, but they also have a more modest cut as well as plus sizes. I think it's important to feel comfortable in your clothes.