Menu

Best store for cute elementary age girl clothes?

staceyobu

What stores have cute girl clothes? That don't make them look like they are 7 going on 21?

We went to Target last night and found nothing. Long sleeve shirts with a heart cut out across the entire back of the shirt? Ummm, how is that even supposed to keep my kid warm in the winter?

Love Gymboree. We have an outlet in our area. My 7 yo likes the mix-n-match stuff that Kohls sells (I think it's their brand Jumping Bean? ). Lands End and Hannah Andersson are great quality too--they hold up fabulously for hand-me-downs. They're pricey, but you can get pretty good deals on sale. Costco carries some Hannah stuff in their stores. I think we have Hannah leggings in nearly every color!

Guest inoubliable

My niece gets most of her wardrobe from Old Navy or Justice. I've not been in a Justice store, but she says they have all the cool clothes. They must not be too junky/cheap or ex-sil wouldn't shop there.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about Justice. While they do carry a few age-appropriate things, I'd say probably a good 75+% of it is trashy-looking. If the OP thinks Target's clothes are bad, then she probably isn't going to like Justice either.

I agree with the previous recommendations of Crazy 8's and Children's Place. Sometimes Old Navy but it can be hit-or-miss.

Guest inoubliable

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about Justice. While they do carry a few age-appropriate things, I'd say probably a good 75+% of it is trashy-looking. If the OP thinks Target's clothes are bad, then she probably isn't going to like Justice either.

I agree with the previous recommendations of Crazy 8's and Children's Place. Sometimes Old Navy but it can be hit-or-miss.

Eesh. I had no idea. Like I said, I've never been in one. I knew it must be wall-to-wall pink/purple and sparkles. My niece may be coming out to stay with us over the summer - I'll have to look up a Crazy 8's.

Justice is hit or miss. We got two huge bags of clothes from a neighbor and most of them were from Justice. I very rarely throw out clothes, it seems so wasteful. But there were four or five pieces I just wouldn't give to my dd. There were also a ton of little shorty shorts that were declared pajamas only. All that said, the pieces we kept seem to be dd's favorites. Lots of sparkles and sequins and big eyed anime monkeys.

Guest inoubliable

Justice is hit or miss. We got two huge bags of clothes from a neighbor and most of them were from Justice. I very rarely throw out clothes, it seems so wasteful. But there were four or five pieces I just wouldn't give to my dd. There were also a ton of little shorty shorts that were declared pajamas only. All that said, the pieces we kept seem to be dd's favorites. Lots of sparkles and sequins and big eyed anime monkeys.

My ex-sil must be weeding out some of the more...mature...options from Justice, then. I just had no idea. My niece is always dressed in pink/purple sparkly stuff with rainbows and animals and smilie faces. I had said that I wouldn't mind taking her to a Justice store here to do some back-to-school shopping with her before she headed back out west next school year. I guess that will have to be an all day event if I'm going to have to exercise veto power at the dressing room.