Menu

For fun.....let's dream!

k2bdeutmeyer

Something I dream about but know I'll never have?

1) To not have celiac disease or Hashimoto's

2) For my boys not to have celiac disease or any of their other food allergies.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I hear ya - first on my list would have to be for cures for my kids - rheumatoid arthritis, alopecia, allergies, dyslexia, etc. To bad you can't bribe someone to fix those things.

Money wise --

1. A new house, one in a safer neighborhood (ours isn't awful but is getting worse every week) - and a cure for my dh's back pain so we can live a larger commuting distance from work where all the nicer houses and homeschoolers are. :)

2. A kitchen re-do so we can sell this house

3. A guitar and a violin and lessons

4. A bribe big enough to get my oldest girls into the private school they want to attend.

5. A cat and whatever necessary allergy fixes it would require for my family.

6. Therapy. Weekly. With a babysitter so I don't have to worry about what to do with my kids.

7. Paying off my parents condo and medical bills.

8. A new car for dh.

Much to dh's chagrin, this is what my *real* list looks like each year. I don't want or like gifts or little things. I really want our problems solved and don't care about much else.

Thinking of for me I would say a motorhome and never empty bank account so I can travel with the kids. If looking at solely for me a new bed, I have not had a new one in 25 years, this one was used and has springs sticking up out of it. A new dryer that I do not need to duct tape the door on. And Ty Pennington to come build me my dream house lol and a laptop so I could at least pretend to be teaching the kids while I am online.

A new macbook, dd 2 spilled water on it.

Someone to come and help me declutter/organize my problem spots.

Someone to list the stuff I need to sell.

Someone to deep clean my house, blinds, cracks and crevices.

A personal trainer after I have this baby.

You know those electric warmers that melt paraffin so you can put your hand in? Supposed to be good for the skin, I guess.

I want one of those, only bathtub sized.

Okay I understand the good for your skin on your hands, and once dry easy enough to get off. But the thought of climbing into a full tub of parafin wax is well....let's just say if you want your whole body to be smooth as a baby's bottom that's the way to go. Once you unstuck your nether regions from the bottom of the tub, you then get to pull the wax off....brazillian anyone??

Okay I understand the good for your skin on your hands, and once dry easy enough to get off. But the thought of climbing into a full tub of parafin wax is well....let's just say if you want your whole body to be smooth as a baby's bottom that's the way to go. Once you unstuck your nether regions from the bottom of the tub, you then get to pull the wax off....brazillian anyone??

Ok, did not think of that. Guess I'd better re-evaluate this particular desire. :)

I really can't think of much. I love food/cooking magazines. So subscriptions are always on my list. I like things that can be experiences, so I will always welcome a weekend away or a show/concert type event. If I received tickets to Nice Work if You Can Get It w/Matthew Broderick, I'd be a very happy woman. And I would love a new Vera Bradley bag because the ones I've received are tattered and torn. Other than that, I'm good!

Let all your inhibitions go.....if money were literally NO OBJECT, what would you ask for for Christmas....for you! What items do you dream about, but know you'll never get? I have a list a mile long of practical items I need/want, but sometimes it's fun to just dream about all those BIG things.

For me? I want and dream about:

1. A Canon 5D Mark II camera (the ISO capabilities on this camera make me drool all over myself)

2. An iPad (just cuz it'd be fun)

3. The Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L lens (perfect for pics at DD's sporting events)

I think that's it for totally OUT THERE items :)

Oh....except for maybe THIS!

What are yours?

Well, if money is no object, then I want a secluded home on a private beach in a tropical environment, new vehicles, world travel...why not?

I'd buy a plot of land and build a home that is totally off the grid, and be as self sustaining as possible.

This but with farmhands to help take care of all the animals. And plots of land near by for all my siblings and their families.

And a trip to France and Italy and a person to help us with genealogy research while we're there. :)

*blows raspberries at everyone coz she's already in Australia*

Just kidding. There's no place like home, so they say. :D

I could do with a husband, my kids' issues to be sorted, my own block of land, the ability to build an eco- straw bale house on it, a holiday house in Warsaw, a wad of round the world tickets, the Shakespeare for Kids dvds, a pine tree in a pot, another solar panel or two, my watering system fixed up, a nice simple camera that works reliably, a new computer and my old hard drive to be recovered. I'd settle for world peace though.

A new 5 bedroom house with an office and a schoolroom, on 10 acres of land. (Hey, why not dream big? ;)

A family trip to New Zealand.

A family trip to Europe (UK, Italy, Greece...anything else is a bonus :)

Some new clothes, especially a nice pair of walking shoes.

A new bed (Tempurpedic?)

Heck, while we're at it, let's throw in an iPad! One for everyone in the family!