Menu

K math workbooks?

faiths13

You could pick up one of those math workbooks at the store (Costco or Sams). For $5-10, they cover K-level math skills. (You have to teach it separately - which you can cover with Rosie's Education Unboxed videos. But the workbook pages are there.)

There are also quite a few on the internet free for the cost of printing them. Just search for Printable Kindergarten Math Worksheets.

Horizons Math has nice math workbooks. For grades 1st and above, you need to teach from the TM.

However, for K level, they are very basic and easy to figure out without the TM.

I also bought Dorling Kindersley Math Made Easy workbooks for supplements. (I got mine at Costco at the beginning of the school year.)

They are very good.

thanks for the tip! i was looking to supplement the SM series. when are the sales normally?

Scholastic Teacher Express has some good math workbooks that are usually on sale during the dollar days sales if you have time to wait. They are in PDF format so you would have to print them out. The Math Mats & Games: Time, Math Mats & Games: Measurements, and Math Mats & Games: Money are really excellent.

I really like the MEAD ones... we've used the Pre-K Math Builder, Pre-K Problem Solving (some math, some logic, etc.), Numbers 1-10, K Math Builder, K Problem Solving, and Numbers 1-100. They're colorful and actually have substance, which is more than I can say about some of the School Zone workbooks we've gotten.

ETA: We also have Singapore Essentials A and B... though really only B, as a friend lost our A ages ago. ;)

I got hold of the K level Harcourt Math Supplemental Workbooks, and they're great. We've been adapting them to work with dd's c-rods, instead of the counting blocks the book uses, and it's working really well. They're good for review, or if dd needs an easier day than with Miquon. No idea where you get them, but if you happen to see them, they're good.