Menu

Am I along?

We have the last week off. We have 3 more week and we will then have 3 wks off. I don't want to start up tomorrow. I want to get caught up on more things, get my gifts all wrapped and under the tree, take a couple of naps, finish the little bit of shopping I have to go and not have the pressure that comes with doing all of this plus school. I will be good, come to our school time enthusiastic and excited about what we are going to do in the next 3 weeks but............. I DON'T WANT TO! :glare:

I hear you - we are on that same schedule. It's challenging enough just homeschooling, but when you add in all those other holiday things, it can really make you feel bogged down!

Just take it one day at a time - and feel free to give yourself a "day off" here and there, at least a "homeschool lite" day.

Yes, this is my plan. I do normally take Fridays off except for Math and sometimes Barton. The 14th we will take it totally off as it is my youngests 12th birthday. We have a really full week this week with added Dr. appointments and such. I think this is part of my stress. When I was doing my schedule for this week I was so tempted to not schedule in Science and History.

You're one step ahead of me. I don't think I can muster the enthusiasm for this next block of school. We're going through Dec. 19th and it's going to be a long 4 weeks. And we're are only taking 9 school days off, from the 20th to the 1st. Hang in there. It sounds like you have a nice break coming up soon.

I'm with the others. I don't want to start today. Dh is having surgery on Thursday. Then on Friday I have to drive my friend to the oral surgeon. I'll lose both of those days. I'm considering just scrapping the week since I have so many things that need doing in preparation of those two days.

I wish we could stay home today too, but I have two writing classes to teach at co-op. We need to get as much done as possible this week and next before we head to Florida for a vacation before Christmas. I'm not too happy about traveling in December, but the fall just became too busy for my DH to take time off from work.

I don't want to either! The boys are happily playing Legos right now, and DH is going in to work late, so I'm ready to wave the flag and it's only 8 AM! Tomorrow we probably won't school due to a several appoimtments and next week we have three days in a row of co-op and appointments, so that'll be more time lost. Therefore, I KNOW that today, and Wednesday through Friday we MUST get our work done! Ideally, I'd like to go until the 21st, but I have a feeling the 14th will be our last day.

Yep. Inlaws were here a week, they left this morning as soon as dh went to work, and my house is a disaster. Plus we have medical appointments, homeschool band, and youngest starts back his activity schedule tonight. And there is no food in the house.

I.don't.wanna.

But I will.

We have added a spinning plate to our schedule as this is the first day we are providing child care for our renters. He is a good little guy but only about 18 months so will definitely take some time and attention. Both kids are good with him and dh will be on board, hopefully so really hoping it won't be much of a disruption.

Chucki, I will be thinking of you, your dh and your friend the end of this week. Pray all goes well.

It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way. We seem to have had so many distractions over the past few weeks I've completely lost all momentum as far as homeschooling goes. I'm trying very hard, but the nearer we get to Christmas the more I feel as though I'm fighting a losing battle.

• 4 weeks later...

Just so you all know, we struggled through till 12th. My oldest son ended back in the hospital on the 7th but my DH over saw their math on that next Monday and Tue. I had not gotten things pulled for Wed., fought a migraine all that previous night and was late getting to the hospital to be there when the Drs made rounds( Ds was being dismissed) so I then proclaimed that we were finished until the 7th of Jan. I can hardly believe it is almost 1/2 over and I still have so much I need to get done in these days off.

Have a very blessed Christmas!