Menu

Any black Friday success'?

lynn

My sister wanted me to go with her at midnight. I told her i have nothing to risk life or limb over but I that i would go with her to stand in line while she shopped. We went to starbucks before we left. We decided to go Sears first, that's where I scored big without planning on it.. all Lands End was 50% off. they did not have the size dress for dd that she has asked for but I did get her and I few a few things I was getting ready to order for 30% off. Then onto Target....WILD! but I'll give that Target credit they were efficient and organized. They had a lot of games for $7 which I got. Every place else was not to bad. We were home by 11 and she was out again at 7. I slept in and enjoyed morning coffee and a chat with my mom and dad. I did leave instructions for dh to find a scooter for dd he found a really nice one for just $20. It was all good fun. I love shopping with my sister even if we don't really buy anything.

I didn't go out on Black Friday until after eleven in the morning, but I did finally find myself a nice cast iron, porcelain enameled five quart Dutch oven. I've been looking for one for two years now, and I've never been able to find one used, so I broke down and bought a new one. It was a great deal though. I got it for $40, down from $140. And it's teal and soooo pretty. :D Dh can't understand why I have to pet it every time I walk through the kitchen, heh.

My girlfriend and I always go with her sister but this year sis didn't make it over. She wanted something at walmart so we just went there for 8 pm. What a NIGHTMARE! THey are aways SOOOOOO disorganized. I hate it there on a regular day much less Black Friday. They ran a special on the PS3's and had 7 in stock...but told us in line that they had 10! That's what she wanted...she was upset but she found a few other things. I picked up an art kit for my new homeschool student as a welcome gift.

But the fun was the next day! I wanted an ipod nano for my dd, she wanted a 3DS (she was saving for one and we were covering the last little bit as her birthday present that was yesterday) -both in purple (hard to find the DS in that color), I wanted a set of golf clubs for ds and these nice fuzzy fleece blankets for them that I plan on having embroidered at the corners. We headed to Target (I always like their deals). I had tried getting a nano deal on Amazon and the second they came available they were gone. I was trying to check out and they were still the same price. Then I looked on Target and they were sold out of the purple online. Tis ok though because I called our local Target and they had three in the color I wanted...I hurried down there as they wouldn't hold one. There I found the Nano, the ds in purple (last one), the blankets-the last two in the color and size I wanted, a new shirt for me, one each for the kids that are so funny, USB drives, and a couple of movies. Then I headed to Acdemy and found the clubs with only one set out of five left, being right handed and the one I needed, lol. I felt like I hit the jackpot all day!

Well, I got a few. But I stayed home, no leaving the house. I couldn't sleep, so I got up super early and looked for some deals.

I got:

- A really nice crafting lamp for my mom, normally $100, but it was $19.99, from JoAnn's

- Tubs of K'Nex, 400 pieces, for $10.97, for the kids

- 1300 bricks Legos for $30, for the kids

- Slippers on sale, for my mom, again.

- Pyrex dishes, 18 pc, $15.99, for us

- A hard drive (we've been needing this) with a rebate at a good price already, for DH

- $38 Blu Ray player, for DH

- Batteries, for kids toys

- Crocs, for DS

- Books, for kids

I am done Christmas shopping (I have some other stuff already for the kids).

DH and DS waited in line at Best Buy and scored one of their 40" TVs (the one that was listed as one of the 10 top Black Friday buys on Yahoo!). He also got a blue ray player for $38.

I went back to Best Buy with my dad mid-morning and we bought him a pair of laptops (one for him and one for his business partner) and an external hard drive for his office.

My kids have been begging to go do Black Friday. Not sure how they get things into their heads, but this has been one they have not let go for the last 3 years. Sooooo, dh and I decided to go obnoxiously early and wait in the Target line. Our evil plan was that they would have a bad experience and not bug us next year. That didn't happen. :(

The line was festive, someone pulled up and played Christmas carols, a local restaurant came by with free coffee, it was 60ish outside and my kids thought it was great fun! As I was sitting in my folding chair, sipping my coffee and reading through the ad I noticed a Nikon camera for 1/2 off. Hmmmmm, I had been considering a camera, because my old one had mysteriously disappeared. Dh said, "Go for it!" so I did. We got the camera, the xbox kinect, Brave and some Xbox games.

Now, my kids think Black Friday is the greatest thing ever!!! I was a little concerned about the quality of the camera I got, but am very happy considering what I spent. Here is one of my rooster and another of dd on her new pony at Pony Club.

post-50054-0-99552000-1353812784_thumb.jpg

post-50054-0-98725900-1353813116_thumb.jpg

We didn't buy any gifts on Black Friday, but I did get some Thursday. I went to Kmart (30 min away) early Thursday morning and got buy one get one free board games, batteries $1.50 off and they came with a code - 3 codes and you get $10 in iTunes, and a video game ODS has been wanting for 1/2 off. Then, at home, I got on Amazon and found the other game on his list (he'd been told he'd probably only get one) for 1/2 off, so I picked that up, too. They had a Kinect game that DD would like, so I bought that to throw in the family gift we do every year. This year it's board games and a video game.

My mom and I went left home at 5 am Friday morning. We had to drive an hour to get to the deals. We hit Rack Room Shoes first, they weren't crowded at all. I got a set of black and a set of brown tall boots, regularly $90 each and marked down to $35. I also got 2 pairs of little suede ankle boots, again in black and brown, for $20 each (about 1/2 off). We had bought DD a pair of black boots Wednesday, and saw the brown pair on sale for $17 so we got them, too.

Then we went to the mall. Oh. My. Word. It was soooo crowded! No one was obnoxious or anything, but it was wall to wall and there were clothes all over the place. I found skinny jeans for $11 a pair, got ODS some more jeans and a few nice Henley shirts, and found DD some $40 shirts that had been on sale and then were further reduced to $7.

I did go to Wal-Mart at 8pm, it was pretty bad. I had no idea where all of the good toys are- they had the DVDs in produce, the toys at the front of the store but you had to wind around the entire store to get to them, everything was completely out of place and it did seem VERY disorganized.

I did manage to score a Leapster 2 for $20, but only because someone put one back on some random shelf. I got 2 Leapster games for $12 each- not a huge discount but some. I got 6 DVDs for under $5, including 2 Blu-Ray Dark Knights, one for us, one to give to my Dad. I got 3 pairs of jewel toned skinny jeans for my dd for $6 each and a pair of Tink pajamas for $4.50. A pack of 9 Hot Wheels for $5. So overall, I do feel that I got some good deals.

I did go to Wal-Mart at 8pm, it was pretty bad. I had no idea where all of the good toys are- they had the DVDs in produce, the toys at the front of the store but you had to wind around the entire store to get to them, everything was completely out of place and it did seem VERY disorganized.

I did manage to score a Leapster 2 for $20, but only because someone put one back on some random shelf. I got 2 Leapster games for $12 each- not a huge discount but some. I got 6 DVDs for under $5, including 2 Blu-Ray Dark Knights, one for us, one to give to my Dad. I got 3 pairs of jewel toned skinny jeans for my dd for $6 each and a pair of Tink pajamas for $4.50. A pack of 9 Hot Wheels for $5. So overall, I do feel that I got some good deals.

We did Walmart a few times, several years ago, and that was what I hated. Why did the toys have to be sprinkled through the grocery section? Why were the electronics in the meat department? I think they liked watching people scramble around LOL

I got a few good deals, all online with free shipping.

Today I bought my annual wrapping paper at Walgreens, buy 1 for $1.99 get 2 free. :hurray:

Whoa! That's awesome!

My deal of the weekend was finding a $10 promotional card to Kohl's while I was on a walk in my neighborhood! I used it to buy a candy thermometer so I can make peanut brittle for the first time!

Exactly what I was talking about and if you asked any employee...they of course didn't know!

We did well at Walgreens at 9pm Thursday and CVS today! We have 17 nieces and nephews, we got gifts for 13 of them at walgreens buy one get one free sale, plus earned enough points to almost get a $10 coupon. We found several gifts the kids wanted and had a.25% off the whole CVS purchase. I have one online purchase to make and we are done with our kids too.

Exactly what I was talking about and if you asked any employee...they of course didn't know!

At Target they passed out maps that showed exactly where what doorbusters were located. They positioned employees every couple 100ft that would walk up and down the line answering any questions, including questions about quantity and such. Oh and they passed out Cliff bars about 10 minutes before they opened the doors. Then about 4 cop cars came and parked evenly in front of the line to discourage the "vultures." Color me beyond impressed. I will have no issues going to Target again.

I had never "done" the Black Friday thing, but Wal-Mart had $10 Monster High Dolls Thursday night, and I thought I'd see what BF was about and if I could score a MH doll.

O.M.G. I got there about 10 minutes before the magical 8pm. We live in a small town and Wally is our only "big" store. I think everybody showed up. I couldn't find the dolls, asked someone at about 7:55 and 2 minutes later, people started grabbing stuff. There were about 30 dolls and 4 women that grabbed them ALL. I didn't have a chance. I just stood back kind of slack-jawed, turned around, and walked out.

I found out that I don't have enough of a killer instinct, but I did see what it is all about.