Menu

Amazon/UPS delivery issue?? **update**

HomeschoolMamaOfTwo

Has anyone ever had an order from Amazon that UPS said they delivered (at the front door, even), but they didn't? I had that happen today, with something super pricey (business purchase) and I am pretty much freaking out that now we have lost all that money. They said to wait until Monday and see if it gets delivered when I contacted them.

Make sure it is from "UPS" and not "USPS". USPS is the post office. They frequently say something is "delivered" and it isn't. Sometimes, it's as many as 3 days later that it actually hits my doorstep.

Just my experience.

Otherwise, if it actually was UPS, you should call them right now and said it wasn't delivered and they need to track it down. UPS rarely makes mistakes, and when they do, they have always tracked it down for me.

Government USPS, not so much. Your screw@d if it is USPS.

Good luck.

I have had that happen twice. One time it was Fed Ex delivering a pair of DHs expensive work sunglasses. They showed up on the porch about 2 days later. The other case was with Amazon (I don't know the carrier, I think it was UPS through USPS) when they supposedly left it in our locked mailbox and it wasn't there. What we figured happened in retrospect was the mail carrier put it in the wrong box. Once we contacted Amazon after waiting a couple of days they reshipped the items free of charge.

Has anyone ever had an order from Amazon that UPS said they delivered (at the front door, even), but they didn't? I had that happen today, with something super pricey (business purchase) and I am pretty much freaking out that now we have lost all that money. They said to wait until Monday and see if it gets delivered when I contacted them.

Check with your neighbor. That's where things usually are when they said delivered and not on my doorstep. Once the guy even got me and one of my neighbors mixed up and gave us each other's packages. I caught him in time. Boy was he embarrassed. Otherwise call UPS and they'll look into it, make sure it still isn't on the truck or given to someone else by mistake.

Yes I am sure it was UPS. They marked it delivered at the front door and it wasn't. I was home, but they don't knock or anything, just put it down. I got a text later telling me it was here, went to look, not there. I called them, they said they don't handle Amazon deliveries themselves, but that Amazon does, so I contacted Amazon. They tried to call the carrier but couldn't get through. They said to wait until Monday and if it still didn't come to contact them. If it were a less expensive item I wouldn't be so concerned but this was a lot and I'm afraid they won't refund/replace (I'd rather they replace, honestly). I don't think it was stolen, it wasn't a long amount of time in between, and we've never had any issues. We live in a subdivision, but pretty far out, with a lot of space between neighbors. My neighbor, who always knows everything going on everywhere, and can see right out her front window to our house, says that UPS never came today. I paid for a 1 day delivery (I have prime, so it wasn't that much more). I'm just really upset and hoping we aren't out all of that money for someone else's mistake. :(

I had amazon's tracking tell me it was delivered to the front door--in another state! It was not even expected yet, so I just waited and it showed up on time as usual.

Sometimes the tracking system gets a little wonky. First and only time that happened though. It was Office 2010 too, so not like a $5 paperback...

Yes I am sure it was UPS. They marked it delivered at the front door and it wasn't. I was home, but they don't knock or anything, just put it down. I got a text later telling me it was here, went to look, not there. I called them, they said they don't handle Amazon deliveries themselves, but that Amazon does, so I contacted Amazon. They tried to call the carrier but couldn't get through. They said to wait until Monday and if it still didn't come to contact them. If it were a less expensive item I wouldn't be so concerned but this was a lot and I'm afraid they won't refund/replace (I'd rather they replace, honestly). I don't think it was stolen, it wasn't a long amount of time in between, and we've never had any issues. We live in a subdivision, but pretty far out, with a lot of space between neighbors. My neighbor, who always knows everything going on everywhere, and can see right out her front window to our house, says that UPS never came today. I paid for a 1 day delivery (I have prime, so it wasn't that much more). I'm just really upset and hoping we aren't out all of that money for someone else's mistake. :(

If it doesn't show up by Monday, Amazon will send you another. They have done that for me before and at their expense.

Just this week I had a UPS delivery from Amazon show up online as delivered to my porch at a certain time. and it was nowhere to be found..... And my porch is enclosed and was locked at the time. Five hours later the UPS truck rumbled down the street and the driver had no clue what I was talking about when I told him it had already been reported delivered. I was really anxious because I had an order go completely missing between Amazon's warehouse and UPS a few weeks ago, and it took nearly two weeks to get everything resolved. That was the week of Hurricane Sandy, so they weren't automatically resending lost items until things settled down.

Yes, I too have had UPS say a package was delivered, only to run outside and find nothing. After calling and causing a BIG fuss it showed up very late in the evening. The delivery guy said he just had a lot of packages to deliver. He said if he didn't get to it that day, he would be back the next day, so your package may still show up.

However, I called and called until I talked to someone who contacted the driver for me. It sounds like you couldn't do that with something delivered from Amazon?

I REALLY hope it shows up tomorrow!! How nerve wracking! They shouldn't mark something delivered when is has not been delivered!

Yes I had to go through Amazon, UPS wouldn't even deal with it, they said Amazon handled their own stuff. The Amazon rep did say that sometimes the packages are scanned as delivered when they are not, and to give it some time to show up. So, I am trying. I had specifically requested Saturday delivery and paid extra for it because the regular delivery day was Tuesday, when I won't be home. So, I'm really hoping it shows up on Monday some how. But, I don't know. :( She said to call back if it didn't. I'm hoping they will make this right and trying not to freak out about being out that much money. I've never had an issue before. Of course, it would have to be THIS package, right?

Do not sweat it. Any reputable company will and would replace it if it doesn't show up in the next couple days. We had a bunch of custom blinds stolen off our front steps once. Worth a fortune. And completely useless to whatever idiot stole them. They were all replaced at no cost.

Did you just ask the neighbors next door or did you do a neighborhood sweep of porches? We've had a LAPTOP be delivered to the next door neighbors, a package that was delivered to a house with two of the address numbers transposed (5 houses down), and I've gotten several packages for people from down the street. When something should be delivered and it's not, I always go and scan porches. When I get something that's not for me, I deliver it to where it goes.

Did you doublecheck and make sure the package was listed as delivered to your front porch, and not to a similar address? We were frantic once, and the package showed as being delivered... but when we checked the tracking info more carefully, it was listed as having been delivered to a neighbor's house instead of ours. The neighbors brought it over when they got home for the evening, and we were so relieved! (The package had been addressed correctly; the driver must have just read it wrong or something!)

Whatever the case, Amazon will make it right for you. They are EXCELLENT about that.

Check the tracking number again. Go to the UPS website (NOT through Amazon) and enter it in. UPS and USPS have different tracking numbers. If the code does not work on the UPS website then try it on the USPS website. I *have had* packages sent via USPS that *said* they were UPS. If you can't figure it out, call UPS and give them the tracking number - they can sort it out right away if it's not their tracking number.

Good luck.

Just want to say that UPS can call their drivers. Last year I was waiting for a package and when it said delivered I rushed to the door. Nothing!

UPS driver said he saw the house number and put package there. He never bothered to look at the street name!!! They went and got it for me but sheesh!!! Surely they have GPS??

Just want to say that UPS can call their drivers. Last year I was waiting for a package and when it said delivered I rushed to the door. Nothing!

UPS driver said he saw the house number and put package there. He never bothered to look at the street name!!! They went and got it for me but sheesh!!! Surely they have GPS??

I actually asked that before and the trucks dont have gps, if they want it they have to provide it themselves.

I had something from UPS that they said was delivered but I didn't get it. I complained, the company (it wasn't Amazon) refunded the money. Four months later, when spring came, I discovered that for some bizarre reason they had stuck in down in my basement. We never use that door (and it's relatively obvious too) except when it's gardening and mowing time. I was pretty surprised to find it. I tried to contact the company and figure out what to do, but they didn't get back to me, so... free sweater.

I had something from UPS that they said was delivered but I didn't get it. I complained, the company (it wasn't Amazon) refunded the money. Four months later, when spring came, I discovered that for some bizarre reason they had stuck in down in my basement. We never use that door (and it's relatively obvious too) except when it's gardening and mowing time. I was pretty surprised to find it. I tried to contact the company and figure out what to do, but they didn't get back to me, so... free sweater.

I once had the post office stick something in a car that was at the time parked off to one side of the drive (by several feet). It was winter, and the window was down. I guess that was not enough of a clue that we didn't drive that junker. :glare:

I was about to file a claim when I noticed it. Fortunately, it was a box of cloth diapers, so no harm done (They're made to get wet. :tongue_smilie:).