Menu

What are you getting for your 12-15 yr old girl for Christmas?

HappyGrace

We are hoping to go to Universal to TWWoHP in January or February, too, and it was just a few days ago that dd11 and dd8 were talking about getting a letter to go to Hogwarts. I've subbed to all of the Hogwarts-related lists; I love the idea of bringing some if this excitement to Christmas morning. On that note, I did just buy a Platform 9 3/4 decal for dd's room (typing on ipad - I don't see where to include a link but the I bought is here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/94100745/9-34-replica-sign-vinyl-wall-decal?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=platform+9+3%2F4&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto3&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=platform+9+3%2F4), as well as a Hallows decal from the same seller. Nakia, are you making the Hogwarts ticket yourself, or do you have a recommendation for where to obtain one?

DD11 is just a smidge younger than the age for this thread, but I'm just as stumped about what to get her as some of you are for your tween/teen girls. She'd love a bow for archery. She's asked for some vanilla-scented lotion from Bath and Body Works. And I know she'd be thrilled with boots. Maybe a pair of headphones?

I ordered a ticket and personalized Hogswart letter from legendaryletters.com for $24 total including shipping! So excited!!

My 14-year-old asked for a specific eye shadow palette from Blush.com.

She loves fashion and makeup so I may get her a subscription to Teen Vogue. I just saw a card in the December issue--2 years for $10.

I know she'd love a Kindle Fire but it's more than we usually spend, especially this year since she's leaving on a trip two days after Christmas.

Something Doctor Who--(thanks for the ideas on this thread).

Our DD was 12 in October. For her birthday, we special ordered (everything is in U.S. English) a very low end Dell Inspiron 660s PC, and a Dell IN2030M monitor, from Dell Latin America. It came from Austin, TX. Including shipping to our house in Colombia, it was US$499. It has MS Office 2010 Starter (WORD and EXCEL) and 15 months of McAfee.

It was delivered to our house on 01 November. DD and her parents are delighted with this purchase! It has 4 GB of RAM and a Pentium 2.7 GHz CPU and a 500 GB hard drive.

DD has one very powerful game (20 GB?) and the graphics, with the graphics chip integrated on the motherboard, are excellent.

Do you have a pattern for the David Tennant amigurumi, or are you free-forming it? If you have a pattern, please share!

Edit to add: Okay, I found a couple of patterns on Ravelry. YES! WOOHOO! I think I'll do the one by Snuffykins. Thank you so much for mentioning this as a possibility -- I never would've looked for anything like this if you hadn't said something.

I haven't decided on a pattern yet. I've not made amigurumi before, so I doubt I'll be winging it. :) I've seen several i really like, but none of them have patterns available, unfortunately. I may have to settle for a weeping angel or an Ood.

Mine is just about to turn 12. She is getting pajamas, a sweater, nailpolish, cute socks, batteries for her Hex Bug, earrings, an origami page a day calendar, a Klutz quilting book, a loom, a basket of bath supplies, a journal, a picture frame, and an amaryllis bulb to plant. Plus some candy.

My dd was 12 in September. I'm realizing that this is probably the last year for toys so if they are on her list I'm going to try and get them, even if they may not be played with for long ;) Both girls have not asked for much because they know we are in a really tight spot.

Dd's list:

American Girl outfit for her doll

American Girl Coconut pajamas

new desk chair

My Little Pony stuff

Doctor Who Laplander hat (just saw this earlier in the week and loved it!)

Mark of Athena book

I'm hoping to get the pajamas with the matching outfit for the doll. (I think her aunt is getting her the other outfit). We are looking into the chair and the hat and book. She is also getting a set of keys (she collects them), a couple shirts and a pair of pants, new boots, sketch pencils/eraser, and Spyro Skylanders to share with her sister (they love playing Spyro together). Dh and I think she would love an archery set but don't know if our small backyard is the place for it. Oh, and Dh wants to get them River Song's Journal from the BBC shop. That's a lot now that it's typed out. We have been searching sales and trying to pick up deals.

Her and her older sister are crazy about My Little Pony (started out as a joke with my dd18 and her friends and now they are all hooked...go figure :rolleyes: ) so I'm actually doing a themed stocking for them this year. I've got My Little Pony fruit snacks and buying nail polish so they can do the cutie marks on their nails. They always get a Webkinz in their stocking and so their Webkinz this year is their favorite pony's animal friend (Rainbow Dash is a turtle and Fluttershy is a bunny). I'm looking for My Little Pony socks and shirt and dd12 will get a My Little Pony toy. I'm also thinking about making a scrabble tile pendant with their favorite character on it.

Dd 13 is my fashion conscious child. She will be 14 in early spring. She loves to dress up and fix her hair and make-up. She skipped right over purple frost and went straight to the you tube professional application. She is getting the Marc Jacobs "Daisy" perfume set and tote bag, a bow and arrow set, and probably an eyeshadow pallet that she wants from Sephora. There is a small chance we might get her tickets to the IMAT makeup conference/show in Pasadena.

Dd 11 is my little girl on the cusp of being a full blown teenager. This will probably be her last year for any type of toy. It kinda makes me sad. She is getting a bow and arrow set, 2 dresses from Old Navy, a woven leather belt, a Fashonista Barbie for her Barbie condo, a set of make-up brushes, and the new Taylor Swift album. Each girl gets a set amount from the budget. It looks like my younger is getting more, but it just costs less.

Stockings: bath goodies from Lush, King size Candy bars, mascara, lip gloss, socks/undies, minutes for their very old flip phones, and an orange. It is a tradition to get the orange.

My dd is asking for almost nothing this year so it makes choosing pretty difficult. She really wants ferrets, but she's had rats for just a few months, so we've told her she has to wait(rats only live 2 years). She is looking for opportunities to foster though, b/c dh gave her permission to do so.

She asked for a furby, I think only b/c her sisters are getting them. She wants a favorite OOP book from the library, which I've found for a reasonable price online. A suprise will be a belgian waffle maker. She is crazy about making them on those hotel breakfast buffets. I'll also get her a hoodie from her soccer club, new shin guards, and possibly new cleats. I'm still looking for ideas and listening from dropped hints.

Last year I made her a kit with supplies to make the recipes in this book. http://www.amazon.co...=ecobeauty��She LOVES the book and makes the recipes frequently! She even gives them as gifts to her girlfriends. I got her a cute little lounging robe so she'd have something to wear while masking her face, hehe.

Oh, that sounds fun! We don't do Christmas but I give gifts at other times and like the ideas. My DD is very girly-girl, so one thing she has loved before is a gift card to Ulta or Sephora, with a mommy-daughter day attached. We go shopping for makeup (she tries on everything in the store basically) and then have a nice lunch together. I really enjoy this too and it's special bonding time.

She also loves Hunger Games, so I've surprised her with a few HG items, but I like the archery set idea!

She will turn 14 in January, and I am letting her get a purple highlight in her hair (in an "underneath" section!)

Well what I WANTED to get her was a potato ricer or a nice potato masher (or both). (I try to buy nice things that will last till she gets married.) Cooking things always go over big here. I ended up getting her little dishes you can use to make individual pies or pot pies. Should be fun this winter! Last year I got her a donut machine (Sunbeam, under $30), which she adores. Last year I made her a kit with supplies to make the recipes in this book. http://www.amazon.co...=ecobeauty��She LOVES the book and makes the recipes frequently! She even gives them as gifts to her girlfriends. I got her a cute little lounging robe so she'd have something to wear while masking her face, hehe.

OhElizabeth. I'd like to do this for my dd. Could you share a list of some of the most-used ingredients so that I can also include a "kit"? Many thanks!!

Replacing her old iPod with a refurbished model that holds more songs. Also bunny rabbit footie jammies (she asked for them!), a large plush blankie with cute dogs on it she admired in the Kohl's Black Friday sale ad ;-)......maybe a make-up mirror with lights on the side. She is 16, a bit over your age bracket, but I think these gift ideas are still good.

Oh - and one or two big fat cute coffee/tea mugs so she'll stop using MY favorite ones. I'd get her a couple sweaters from Old Navy....but we tend to find really good stuff at the local Goodwill, so I may just shop there.