Menu

Can't mouse-over to see the first couple sentences?

tammyw

I loved that feature on the previous version. I notice it's not available for this version. I really liked being able to mouse-over the title to see what the thread was generally about. It saved time clicking on a thread that wasn't relevant to what I was looking for. Can we possibly get that feature back?

There is a button to "preview" a post and it drops down underneath the link. The button is on the left side before it tells you who the last poster was.

That's helpful, as I never saw that before, but I still really liked the mouse-over function, as it didn't require a click, and was faster than using preview.

I noticed that feature missing immediately. "Preview" doesn't help; if anything, it's actually SLOWER than clicking open the thread. :(

That's the one feature I hate about College Confidential, I can't mouse over to see what the post is really about . . .

And the new board is sooooooo slow. I wonder why, as I know it specifically was updated to fix that (not that I ever had a problem before!). Kinks, it will take time to work out the kinks!

I've tried the Preview button, and I honestly hate it. It takes two clicks to see it and then close it. Might as well open the thread.

Honestly, I'm sad enough about the changes, that I find myself not really coming here much :( I loved this place. But on the other hand, I'll have more free time!

There is a button to "preview" a post and it drops down underneath the link. The button is on the right side before it tells you who the last poster was.

Actually I find the new "preview" function handier than the old mouse over post function because the preview shows not only original post but how conversation has morphed into last post.

I've tried the Preview button, and I honestly hate it. It takes two clicks to see it and then close it. Might as well open the thread.

Honestly, I'm sad enough about the changes, that I find myself not really coming here much :( I loved this place. But on the other hand, I'll have more free time!

I agree! (Can't find the "I Agree" icon!!)

I can make it a mouseover but not until next week. the current preview is the default for the software installation and so I just left it.

The site should be faster as I fixed a problem on the server that happened durring the upgrade.

John

Great! Thanks again for all your work. I didn't realize how much I utilized that mouse-over feature until it was gone!