Menu

For NJ folks

Not having gas has been nearly as stressful as not having power.

I am hoping gas rationing will make the wait less than several hours long.

I hope so. Our town got power yesterday night. Today the one station had 3000 gallons of gas. The line for it was amazing. The next town over still doesn't have power so everyone was here.

Not having gas has been nearly as stressful as not having power.

I am hoping gas rationing will make the wait less than several hours long.

I agree, surprisingly stressful! I filled up before storm, but don't want to be out of gas if we need a doctor visit or other emergency.

Edited by Alessandra

i wish someone would tell people waiting in line for hours, that my town is about 45 minutes west of some of these stations and we are empty of lines.

my friend drove out here from Brick and got gas, waited in no lines, and was back home and saw the same cars in line at stations near her house.

Robin

What town are you in?

I am fortunate that I still have 1/2 a tank left and I only drive across town to my friends house because she has power. I am trying to be thankful that the only damage we suffered was loss of power but it is getting wearisome. Our power is out because a tree fell and snapped a couple of poles and is wrapped in the wires. Low priority. Meanwhile, the other side of the street got their power back.

I am just hoping my power returns before the storm next week so I can heat my house. It is cold in here even with the fireplace.

We're currently in south Jersey at my MIL's house. We were lucky enough to have enough gas in our car to make it down here before having to fill up. The lines on the north part of the Parkway were a couple miles long. We're heading north tomorrow or Monday to stay with my mother so dh can go to work. He'll drive out Accord so the gas will go farther.

I kept thinking about how much gas people were wasting sitting on line for gas (clearly not all the cars were turned off while idling). I know if we were in a real pinch, we'd siphon it out of our Suburban to run a generator or put in a car with better mileage. I do realize that's not an option for everyone though.

I don't think it would be as easy to implement the odd/even in another state. We already have gas station workers since NJ doesn't allow you to pump your own. States that are all self-serve would have a much harder time of it, I would think.

Nono, so did you guys never lose power? This makes up for the blizzard of what 2 years ago when you guys were out of power for a week or more maybe and we lost power for a big 2 hours. We always used to say O.C. NEVER loses power. In fact we were saying that when we decided to ride out Sandy and sure enough we lost power since Monday (too tired to count the actual number of days lol)