Menu

Help me spend at IKEA!

:lol::lol: Just go. You won't need us. Really.

And hey, go early and have some meatballs for the rest of us, ok?

Eta: no fair! I think you edited after I posted. Man, if you've made it all the way through that store and come out not knowing what to buy, you are made of different stuff than me. Even the trash cans are awesome!

Edited by Barb F. PA in AZ

Do you have a particularly messy area of your house that's bugging you? Spend the money on organizing THAT space. The last time I went, I ought stuff to contain the shoe explosion that is my front entry. So. Much. Better.

My next trip will involve taming a pile of cluttery boxes and bins that live in my dining room. I'm all about eliminating piles. I'm slow, but progress HAS been made. My goal is to have nothing in a box on the floor OR living in the corners of my house.

Exepdit or Billy bookcases. You can never have too many bookcases!

And don't forget the meatballs. :)

The meatballs are a must. ;)

Do you have a particularly messy area of your house that's bugging you? Spend the money on organizing THAT space. The last time I went, I ought stuff to contain the shoe explosion that is my front entry. So. Much. Better.

My next trip will involve taming a pile of cluttery boxes and bins that live in my dining room. I'm all about eliminating piles. I'm slow, but progress HAS been made. My goal is to have nothing in a box on the floor OR living in the corners of my house.

Great idea!! Actually, every area is bugging me. The kitchen is too small and has little storage and the living room collects junk. The bathroom is big but has ZERO storage and our bedroom is exploding with clothes despite a closet. :)

:lol::lol: Just go. You won't need us. Really.

And hey, go early and have some meatballs for the rest of us, ok?

Eta: no fair! I think you edited after I posted. Man, if you've made it all the way through that store and come out not knowing what to buy, you are made of different stuff than me. Even the trash cans are awesome!

lol. The last time i went i bought a bathroom shower rug. How pathetic is that? I went all the way through for a rug!

The meatballs are a must. ;)

Great idea!! Actually, every area is bugging me. The kitchen is too small and has little storage and the living room collects junk. The bathroom is big but has ZERO storage and our bedroom is exploding with clothes despite a closet. :)

My kitchen doesn't have enough storage, but I have dead wall space, so I need to get some shelves and some hanging storage so I can ease up the ridiculous cabinet crowding. I'm more about function than decoration in the kitchen, so I wouldn't mind having some frequently used items hanging about.

Dd and I were just up at IKEA last week. I got rugs, Lack tables, glasses, knives, some Christmas stuff, a throw blanket, pillow, serving trays, curtains for the living room and juice concentrate. I love that place. Dd and I decided that we need to make the 200+ mile trip quarterly. LOL

Have fun!

Oh, honey, if you need help spending money at IKEA, you have bigger problems than even the Hive can help with. I sometimes think I should just hand my wallet over when I walk into an IKEA. I could spend $100 before I get up the stairs. :D

Have fun and tell us what you got!

LOL!

Well we havent gone yet but I did decide what im getting!

FJELLSE Full Bed Frame $49.99 (Dh and I dont have a bed frame)

SULTAN LADE Bed slats $30

BYGEL Dish Drainer x2 $11.98

BYGEL Rail $2.99 (i MIGHT get 2 of these)

RATIONELL VARIERA trash basket x2 $7.98

BYGEL rail container x2 $1.98

BYGEL hooks $.99/10

BYGEL wire basket $2.99

----------

Leaves me with about $4.

and then im looking at RATIONELL drawer divider/organizer things because i could get 2-3 and stack them in the utensil drawer.

Edited by Jpoy85

I love the boxes I got for storing school books we keep in the dining area:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10116420/

Expedit are awesome too. I have an over the door rack in the bathroom which can hold about 6 towels. I also found a soft pillow for my bed. I have been looking for a replacement for a pillow I like to hug while I sleep for years and finally found one I like at IKEA.

Ok, we decided to WAIT on the bed and use that money for more organization in the Bathroom and Kitchen (the 2 problem areas). So that frees up $80.

Ideas or Thoughts on storage for those areas? Kitchen needs organized with food (you have to climb in the back just to get a can of peas) and I want to use the wall space and free up the counters, thats why my above list has baskets and rails on it ;)). I DO have an island. The bathroom has NO storage but a medicine cabinet.

I went at about 10am and made it out about 1pm.

Some notes:

1) IKEA Bistro upstairs does NOT take a giftcard- had to pay OOP.

2) The lines throughout were not bad but checkout was CRAZY.

3) "Home Organization" was being remodeled so i couldnt get the bins/baskets i thought i wanted. :(

4) The actual items were bigger/smaller than in the catalog (ex: the rail was shorter than i expected (and yes i read the measurements).

5) The rails do NOT come with screws.

-------------------------------------------

Now for what I got!! Spent $78

2 pillows from the AS IS dpt

4 glasses from the AS IS dpt (i think they are actually vases but they look cool)

1 blue IKEA bag (had one but forgot it!)

Pruta Food Saver containers

Bygel Rail x3

Bygel Wire Basket

Bygel Container

Bygel S Hooks (10pk)

Bygel Dish Drainer

4 Dinera Plates (brown rectangle ones)

4 Dinera Bowls (brown shallow ones)

4 Dinera plates (small brown saucer type ones)

Rationell Plastic Drawer Divider

Rationell plastic bag holder from AS IS dpt

i think thats it. I have $38 left and Im going to save it til Taxes. I didnt get as much as i thought, but it will help in the kitchen at least. We didnt need plates or pillows but i couldnt pass up the plates and the pillow prices!

You KNOW your obligate to update with photos once you put your stuff up.

My sister just moved to town and has never been to ikea. I insisted upon being there when she goes the first time. It'll be like watching a 6-year-old at Christmas! I need to get some Billies, but I want to line the back with fabric before I put it on.