Menu

Nut Allergy Moms: Do you know...

if there are chocolate chips I can buy that do not have a nut warning and/or are not processed in a nut processing facility? I can't find any at our local grocery store. Also please feel free to share other nut free products you've found.

Dd wants to write a love letter to Andes and Junior mints b/c they actually print NUT FREE on their products. What a wonderful feeling to eat something without worry!

At one time the Walmart brand was nut-safe. I haven't bought them in a few years so maybe they've changed.

Almost everything Walmart store brand is now labeled as "may contain nuts" or something similar. Even their jello is now labeled with an allergy warning (dairy, I think). :glare:

OP - We buy Enjoy Life. We live in a super small town with one grocery store and they usually have a package or two of something Enjoy Life. Our store hides the allergen free products back in the health food / organic section. Otherwise, Amazon has a good selection.

I purchase the Enjoy Life ones from Vitacost. They have the "Ship and Save" option so you get a discount that pretty much covers the cost of shipping if you set up orders in advance. There is some kind of warning on them now but I can't remember if it is for nuts or dairy as we can't have either. I think its a "in the same facility but we test" style warning. I know that I went ahead and decided to use the chips. I've not found any other options that are dairy and nut free. :glare:

I think I've bought molded chocolate (bunnies, etc.) from one of these vendors, maybe Peanut Free Planet? It's been awhile.

Edited by MomatHWTK

I read the title as "Nutty Allergy Moms" and I thought, "yup, that's me!" :hurray:

Sigh...the pregnancy is zapping my brain cells.

But we use Enjoy Life too. Never had any issues. I eat them straight out of the bag. They are good!

if there are chocolate chips I can buy that do not have a nut warning and/or are not processed in a nut processing facility? I can't find any at our local grocery store. Also please feel free to share other nut free products you've found.

Dd wants to write a love letter to Andes and Junior mints b/c they actually print NUT FREE on their products. What a wonderful feeling to eat something without worry!

Had no idea about Junior Mints, so thanks for mentioning! :)

We use Enjoy Life also. I use Vermont Candy for special occasions as they are not cheap. For regular candy at the store, she eats Peppermint Patties, Jr. Mints, Rolo's, and regular sized Hershey bars.

Some of the peppermint patties (I think the really small ones) have a nut warning.

I get all sorts of things from Vermont Nut Free.

:iagree:Their skippers are a great substitute for M&Ms in cookies. My only caution is make sure your kids understand that while they look like M&Ms it doesn't mean actual M&Ms are safe.

Another great site is www.peanutfreeplanet.com They have nut free candy corn, trail mix and candy bars like Mars and Kit Kat that are also nut free. This site is a great help at Halloween time at our house.