Menu

I am knitting a sock!!!

I am so proud of myself! This has been a New Year's resolution forever. i've been able to knit, and purl, but I've never been able to put it all together to actually knit anything more than a scarf.

I haz a happy. This is addictive. Good thing, too because my feet eat socks, I think.

:D:D:D

Yay! I am a knitting drop out.

But, you are a quilting Queen!

Just don't start any other projects until you have both socks finished. (this is always my downfall too many projects started)

OK, will do. I know (from crocheting) that it's so easy to start something small in-between...no in-betweens for socks!

I am addicted to knitting socks. I have like 10 I've knitted. (Of course none of them match. :D)

See, that wouldn't bother me! Just as long as I could wear them all.

My aunt knit my Papa a pair of socks, and they were passed down to me. I keep them pinned with a note of whose they were, and who made them, because I adored Papa so much.

I don't have much hope that I'd be able to keep a pair of MY socks for long, but I hope to be able to knit them for my family, and I hope they're appreciated! :001_smile:

I am so proud of myself! This has been a New Year's resolution forever. i've been able to knit, and purl, but I've never been able to put it all together to actually knit anything more than a scarf.

I haz a happy. This is addictive. Good thing, too because my feet eat socks, I think.

Huzzah! This was my New Year's resolution in 2011. Since then, I have been knitting about a sock a month. Although not productive, I am at least consistent. :D

You should know that turning a heel feels clever every.single.time.

I've finally sucked it up and bought Two-at-a-time Socks. I've never done magic loop before, but a friend (who is also a die hard dpn girl) and I are doing a knit along with some souvenir yarn in the same colorway as the trees were sporting when we left Maine last week. So, maybe, no more SSS. :)

Tip: use sock wool with a bit of nylon in it. It makes it wear like iron, even when you get lovely, soft merino. ;)

I've finally sucked it up and bought Two-at-a-time Socks. I've never done magic loop before, but a friend (who is also a die hard dpn girl) and I are doing a knit along with some souvenir yarn in the same colorway as the trees were sporting when we left Maine last week. So, maybe, no more SSS. :)

:iagree: Whoever figured that out was a genius!

I tried 2AAT but it just wasn't for me. I'm another die-hard dpn girl. But I've also never suffered SSS. I came close when I knit the Pomatomus Socks but only because the first sock took me about 3 months to figure out. I do much better with more plain patterns.

:iagree:

Love sock knitting. It is so addicting. Usually I splurge on sock yarn, the silk blends feel so lovely on your feet, this is my one indulgence.

That's what my souvenir yarn is. I have to keep petting the skeins. :001_wub:

(I'm hoping the silk will be as tough, wear wise, as nylon)

:hurray: It can be quite addictive, can't it? Socks and mittens are my favorite items to knit. If you're not already on Ravelry, go join- now! There are oodles of sock patterns to choose from, now that you have the basic sock anatomy. Ravelry and WEBS (yarn.com) keep me sane through the long, snowy winters here.

Huzzah! This was my New Year's resolution in 2011. Since then, I have been knitting about a sock a month. Although not productive, I am at least consistent. :D

That schedule would be good for me, too! Slow and steady wins the race. :D

Tip: use sock wool with a bit of nylon in it. It makes it wear like iron, even when you get lovely, soft merino. ;)

That must be why it's addictive! Because I feel like Einstein!

(and, this is gong to throw me into learning the history of knitting, because I cannot IMAGINE sitting there with strings and sticks and figuring this out for the first time. I am fascinated to know how those first knitters started. )

Awesome advice, because I KILL socks. It almost seemed against intuition to knit myself socks, but I think I can craft a well wearing one, with practice! And, hopefully with better yarns, I won't wear through them.

Whoever figured knitting out was a genius!

I tried 2AAT but it just wasn't for me. I'm another die-hard dpn girl. But I've also never suffered SSS. I came close when I knit the Pomatomus Socks but only because the first sock took me about 3 months to figure out. I do much better with more plain patterns.

I know!

These are dpn (me, figuring out more knitterly shorthand) and, I have to say, I like it. I find it so relaxing, which I always thought I would had I been able to get it!

I am really bad at finishing pairs of socks so I do the two at a time toe up magic loop method. It's much easier than it seems.

I will have to try, because with so many kids already asking me for socks, I can see this becoming a full time job. Now I know why one woman in the house was always the assigned sock knitter. I'm sure I'll have to learn how to darn, and I have my Nana's darning eggs, so that will be fun.

:iagree:

Love sock knitting. It is so addicting. Usually I splurge on sock yarn, the silk blends feel so lovely on your feet, this is my one indulgence.

I can *totally* see myself doing that too. I have the most amazing yarn store about two blocks away, run by a Scottish woman whom I adore. I look at keeping her in business as a lifelong goal. :D

I have used a silk/bamboo/nylon blend, but my favorite blends have alpaca. I love the feel of alpaca!

How interesting! There are a lot of alpaca farms around here and they all sell yarn. I never thought about it for socks.

:hurray: It can be quite addictive, can't it? Socks and mittens are my favorite items to knit. If you're not already on Ravelry, go join- now! There are oodles of sock patterns to choose from, now that you have the basic sock anatomy. Ravelry and WEBS (yarn.com) keep me sane through the long, snowy winters here.

Mittens are next!! My kids go through TONS of mittens in one day of snow play! Wool holds up the best for them, but now I don't have to beg my Aunt to make me them. :D

I've been on ravelry for crocheting, but adding knit patterns to my library for when I finally learned. I love Alicia Paulson's (Posy) knits! I want to make that shawl wrap thingie.

Woohoo! I'm knitting my first sock right now too--using the "Silver's Sock Class" tutorial for toe-up socks one at a time. At first, I kept getting the needles mixed up, but now that I have about half of a foot on the needles, they are much less unruly.

You too! Congratulations!!!