Menu

Need sports "bOOkshelves" for larger volumes

Wendi

So now that I work out at the gym several times a week and take horseback riding lessons, I need to get some new bOOkshelves with proper support and anti-bounce. I HATE the ones I currently have; they're the cheapo basic ones that cause the dreaded uniboob.

I don't do significant impact activities at the gym yet; I mostly walk briskly on the treadmill with intervals of jogging. (I hate jogging/running, but my trainer wants me to.) Obviously sitting the trot is a bit bouncy, which is one of the reasons I'm working on learning to post! :D

I have been looking online, and everything I've seen recommended is $50-$60! :scared: I can't afford more than one at that price. Can anyone recommend something in the $25-$30 range, so I could get a couple?

Thanks,

Wendi

How big? I'm afraid the best ones for larger endowments come along with the larger endowment price. Extra engineering needed, or something. I am a DD (maybe that's not big enough?) and love the Moving Comfort "Fiona". They are fairly expensive new but so common that if you do a search for ones with last season's colors, they get down to about $20.

Edited by jar7709

So now that I work out at the gym several times a week and take horseback riding lessons, I need to get some new bOOkshelves with proper support and anti-bounce. I HATE the ones I currently have; they're the cheapo basic ones that cause the dreaded uniboob.

I don't do significant impact activities at the gym yet; I mostly walk briskly on the treadmill with intervals of jogging. (I hate jogging/running, but my trainer wants me to.) Obviously sitting the trot is a bit bouncy, which is one of the reasons I'm working on learning to post! :D

I have been looking online, and everything I've seen recommended is $50-$60! :scared: I can't afford more than one at that price. Can anyone recommend something in the $25-$30 range, so I could get a couple?

Thanks,

Wendi

:bigear: I also have those issues (30E). I used to wear two sports bras but that atill didn't give me the support I needed. Once I started training for my first half marathon, I decided to invest some money. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that works at a low price point. My favorite for running is the Moving Comfort Fiona which I can find on sale for $40 occasionally. This one doesn't allow the bOOks to move at all and is super comfortable on even my longest runs. My favorite for lifting/Crossfitting is the Lululemon TaTa Tamer II which is pricey. I got two with a birthday gift certificate. I like it because of the criscrossed back and less compression. They were a total splurge because of the certificate. The Fiona works just fine for lifting too.

I run. I have large bOOks. Really large! I spent the $$ on this. It is wonderful. I only have one and wash it by hand each day to wear the next. I found nothing in the price range you discussed that would keep the girls in place.

:iagree:Best sports bra I've found for larger bOOks. I usually get them from figleaves.com. I rarely see them on sale anywhere, unfortunately.

It depends how big the b00ks and what type of activity you are doing. For light/medium impact when I'm not pregnant or nursing, I can get away with double-layering a tank with a built-in shelf bra over a regular C9 sports bra (the one Target sells that says is maximum support). For high-impact and when I'm pregnant/nursing, I do have to wear the Enell.

I'm a 36 full C or 34 not-full D depending on brand when not pregnant/nursing. The C9 sports bras in my drawer say 36C.

Well, I'm about 38D. I'm not doing anything bouncy enough for long enough to cause pain or serious discomfort; I just feel more comfortable (and less self-conscious) when things are stable, KWIM? I've been using some of the inexpensive ones, but I feel so unattractive with everything smooshed together and flattened. Now that I'm exercising so much more frequently, I thought I'd invest in a couple of new ones. But it sounds like there's not really anything in the cheaper price range that will really work. So I might just buy one now, and another one when I can afford it.

Thanks!

Wendi

I buy mine at Figleaves.com or brastop.com Figleaves works better for me because you can do a return to a US address and then they reship free if you have to exchange.

I have my Freya for exercise. It is wonderful. They have sales and coupons all the time and shipping is like $4.00 I believe Nordstroms carries this brand but I cant buy them there as they are very expensive in that store.

I would rather have *one* really fantastic sports bra than two mediocre ones. Absolutely, unequivocally.

The very best I've found for me is the Freya Maximum Control Underwire sports bra. List price is $60, but I've found them for as little as $35 from time to time. http://www.barenecessities.com/Freya-Sports-Bras-Bras_catalog_nxs,31,vendor,750,style,31.htm

It makes such a *radical* difference in my experience of running that it's well worth it to have only one bra and wash it by hand between uses.

Same problem...I have two really great Nike ones but they do give the uniboob impression! I then have a couple that I wear double - that is the best support I have found. I would like to get some with front or back enclosures....squeezing in over my head is getting old! :lol:

I have a Moving Comfort Fiona and use it only for walking and biking. It just isn't supportive enough for running or high impact aerobics. The Moving Comfort Juno is my "these books are staying put no matter what" choice. It is not the most comfortable, but it is supportive!

I used to have a Champion (actually I had 4 of them) that I loved, but they all wore out and the style is no longer made.

I highly recommend going to a sporting goods store or running store and trying on LOTS of options. To me a D cup isn't very large and I think almost all the brands would have offerings in that size. Once you find one or a few that you like, start shopping locally and online and find the best prices! Some can be found on sales or for serious discounts. Many will go half price at the end of season (each season) as they change the colors or closeout a certain model. Online stores will typically have lower everyday prices.

Thanks, everyone. I think I will head to the sporting goods store and try some on. Looks like Amazon has some decent prices one select styles and colors, so I may be able to get one now at the store, and pick up some extras in the future on Amazon once I know what I like.

Wendi