Menu

Refund from My Well Planned Day

Emagine

May I ask what was wrong with the app? I remember all the threads about it and considered purchasing, but it sounds like it isn't living up to the hype.

There are tons of glitches and features that aren't functional yet. Communication has been iffy at best, and according to the most recent Facebook post stating that Facebook messages about program issues will be deleted, it isn't going to get better.

That said, I did go ahead and buy it at the $40 price despite having a free trial for the first couple months (the "perk" for being selected for the initial beta testing that never happened), so I can't say I didn't know what I was getting myself in for. I'm hoping that eventually it will be able to replace my 3" binder full of shopping lists and book lists and all that other stuff. If I had an actual need for things like a report of hours completed or transcripts, I wouldn't be wasting my time playing with this.

My husband is a programmer. He said that the program was no where near beta testing as was advertised. It was very glitchy and wasn't ready when I was trying to plan our school. I was ver disappointed. If you have an iPad....check out the Homeschool Helper app. I'm loving it so far. The developers have been great at responding to requests by users. There have been several upgrades since they released it month or so ago. It is super easy to use. Even if you do get stuck....they have video tutorials to help you out. Plus...it's $5. No yearly fees....and the upgrades are included. You just upgrade it in the app store.

My husband is a programmer. He said that the program was no where near beta testing as was advertised. It was very glitchy and wasn't ready when I was trying to plan our school. I was ver disappointed. If you have an iPad....check out the Homeschool Helper app. I'm loving it so far. The developers have been great at responding to requests by users. There have been several upgrades since they released it month or so ago. It is super easy to use. Even if you do get stuck....they have video tutorials to help you out. Plus...it's $5. No yearly fees....and the upgrades are included. You just upgrade it in the app store.

Thanks for posting this!

hmmm this reminds me I need to check and see if my refund went through. :tongue_smilie:

I was so bummed about it. I am thrilled with scholaric however, and I bought the Homeschool Helper app. It is really pretty, but doesn't do quite enough for me, but I imagine it will be perfect for some. Truthfully I think the Homeschool Helper app can do just about what the WPD software lesson planning can do currently only the app is only $5! :)

My husband is a programmer. He said that the program was no where near beta testing as was advertised.

From the threads I've read, I (as an ex-software developer) completely agree. I still can't believe they charged money for what was essentially ALPHA level software. That was not beta. Beta software has all functionality present, but might have some bugs to weed out. Alpha software does not have all functionality present and may or may not work at all at any given moment. You don't charge money for alpha software. Even charging for beta when it's not super duper close to being release worthy seems very wrong to me.

This whole fiasco has made me sorry that I purchased the paper WPD planner this year (which I've ended up not using afterall... I really am a total computer gal). I won't make that mistake again. I can't support a company that would charge people to test their alpha level software. :glare:

I was thinking I was crazy or something. I am NOT a computer developer or any like that but I thought there are a WHOLE lot of bugs in this thing. It is so not what I signed up for. I love Rebecca @ WPD but I am so sad and disappointed. The upgrades that they promised are soooo slow coming. I just am at a loss over the whole mess.:thumbdown:

From the threads I've read, I (as an ex-software developer) completely agree. I still can't believe they charged money for what was essentially ALPHA level software. That was not beta. Beta software has all functionality present, but might have some bugs to weed out. Alpha software does not have all functionality present and may or may not work at all at any given moment. You don't charge money for alpha software. Even charging for beta when it's not super duper close to being release worthy seems very wrong to me.

This whole fiasco has made me sorry that I purchased the paper WPD planner this year (which I've ended up not using afterall... I really am a total computer gal). I won't make that mistake again. I can't support a company that would charge people to test their alpha level software. :glare:

Would you like to sell your paper planner to me? (assuming that it's not all filled out) PM me if so!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought the Well Planned Day homeschool planner online software. Unfortunately, we ended up starting school late, because we received our materials late. (We are serving as missionaries overseas). That's when the problems started. I was ready to start inputting curriculum, lessons, etc. But I couldn't even add my children to the program. When I corresponded with the company through e-mail, I got a letter stating they would send my problem to IT, and to e-mail customer service for a refund. However, when I e-mailed them, they told me it was past the "30 day" mark since I bought the program, and they couldn't help me. Now, first of all, this is in their FAQ section online, and it was not presented during the purchase of the program nor in the receipts of purchase. Secondly, it is an online program! They can see that I have been unable to do anything with it, so it is clear that I'm not trying to cheat them out of anything. I'm honestly having a problem. So, what do I do? I feel like they don't care, they've got their money, so tough for me. I feel bad because our homeschooling materials are paid for by kind people who support our ministry, and I try really hard to be a good steward of that money. This program was not cheap.

I'm honestly having a problem. So, what do I do? I feel like they don't care, they've got their money, so tough for me..

I assume you paid by credit card, right? Contact your credit card company and file a dispute. (Everyone who is having problems with function and refund should do this) The credit card co. has a lot more clout than you do and if the product does not function as intended you will get a refund from them and they will deal with the company. I believe this is one of the best reasons why you should never use a debit card or pay pal for purchase like this.

I assume you paid by credit card, right? Contact your credit card company and file a dispute. (Everyone who is having problems with function and refund should do this) The credit card co. has a lot more clout than you do and if the product does not function as intended you will get a refund from them and they will deal with the company. I believe this is one of the best reasons why you should never use a debit card or pay pal for purchase like this.

This is so good to know. I wish I would have paid with credit card.