Menu

Dry skin and zits

I've struggled with that a LOT, and have found the oil-based cleansing method to really help with it. This blog has good info on it, but the short of it is to use a blend of about 3 parts extra virgin olive oil, with 1 part castor oil. You put a little on your hands and rub into your skin all over. Spend a little extra time massaging into areas that have zits or blackheads. Then take a clean washcloth and wet with warm water, hold over your face (this is optional, just to steam), then wipe your face clean.

It sounds totally counter-intuitive but has been amazing for my skin. Some people have more success with less/more castor oil, you can read about that at the link. Hope you find something that works for you!

::sigh::

IKWYM. It's wrong on so many levels. :001_huh:

I have discovered, though, that mine are not real zits; they're part of my rosacea. I use Finacea gel every night, but if I get a nasty red spot, I dab extra Finacea during the day, which usually clears it up pretty quickly.

Another Amy with the same problem...

Mine are cystic - definitely hormone related. They start with a lump deep under the skin, and finally work into an ugly abscess that comes to the surface. So gross and embarrassing. I finally went to see my physician about it last month when I ended up with a horrible infection (worse than usual) on my nose. She prescribed antibiotics which didn't stop me from getting another one 2 weeks later. I'm going to try the Triamcinolone cream on the next one.

At the same time! Who woulda thunk it?:confused:

Signed,

Amy, 39

Yep. I still got them then, and my husband had them well into his 40's, but when he changed his diet to mostly vegetables, it all disappeared.

I'm over 50 now, and that is one good thing about the age - no zits. So you have one thing to look forward to...:tongue_smilie:

You might try hydrogen peroxide dabbed on. Worked wonders when my kids tried it (I no longer had any to try it on, but I wish someone had told me in my teens).