Menu

Anyone know if you can block a particular person

Is this your DH's sister, or a relative by marriage? I agree that her behavior is waaay over the line and she needs a mental health evaluation. I'm pretty sure you can block her and I think you should, but you also need to try to sensitively talk to her spouse or parent about getting her some help.

What a mess.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Apparently I can sign up for a plan that's 4.99 a month and will allow me to block up to 30 numbers.

I think I'll just ignore her for a while and delete each text as it comes in.

She is my husband's sister. She was adopted from an orphanage in El Salvador when she was 2, with some serious malnutrition issues, so she's not exactly a competent adult in many respects. But, her mother, dh's stepmom, would have a freaking cow if I told her what her daughter has been doing. She definitely knows her behavior is inappropriate. She just doesn't care.

Call the police. This is considered sexual harassment.

I might actually consider filing harassment charges . . .

The problem with this is that I don't want anything to negatively impact her 8 yr. old daughter whom I frequently babysit. That girl is like a sister to my boys and like a daughter to me. I put up with a WHOLE heck of a lot from her mother because I love the girl so much.

The problem with this is that I don't want anything to negatively impact her 8 yr. old daughter whom I frequently babysit. That girl is like a sister to my boys and like a daughter to me. I put up with a WHOLE heck of a lot from her mother because I love the girl so much.

Has your dh seen the texts?

Has your dh seen the texts?

No, I haven't bothered to show him. I know what he'll say. He'll tell me she's an a-hole and to just delete her texts. He's disgusted by her lack of parental responsibility most of the time, but he's used to her behavior. He was 20 years old when she was adopted, so to him, she's a perpetual child.

Make sure you don't delete the text. If SIL gets worse with her behavior it could be affecting her child.

No, I haven't bothered to show him. I know what he'll say. He'll tell me she's an a-hole and to just delete her texts. He's disgusted by her lack of parental responsibility most of the time, but he's used to her behavior. He was 20 years old when she was adopted, so to him, she's a perpetual child.

You have to tell him and your mil. They need to know if she's going off the deep end.

Make sure you don't delete the text. If SIL gets worse with her behavior it could be affecting her child.

id' be telling your dh.

I'll tell dh. He may say something to her. Not like it would help.

She and her daughter live with dh's step mom. Grandma is the one who really takes care of my niece. Grandma makes sure she has clothes that fit, food to eat, school supplies, etc. SIL is mother in name only. My other SIL and I have taken care of her daughter more than she has. I'm not worried about my niece as long as her grandmother is around.