Menu

Scholastic Dollar Days Sale THIS WEEK!

Ruthie in MS

This was my first scholastic order. I ordered on 8/20, and received a receipt in my inbox from Paypal.

When I go back to the Scholastic site, I cannot log in at all. I have tried both of my email addresses and neither works. When I request my info be sent to my inbox, it doesn't recognize either email address. So I paid my $14, and now I can't access any of the materials I purchased. Is anyone else having this problem?

At this point I feel like I should just file a Paypal claim because the entire process has been so full of problems. I paid for products and now can't access those products. Now I'm worried in reading other posts that even if I log in, I won't be able to download.

Lesson learned, I guess. I always put stuff in my cart and then don't end up ordering. This time I ordered and I'm regretting it!

When I search my inbox, I have a confirmation from Paypal that I paid, but nothing from Scholastic about registering on their site. Clearly I had to register to pay for my product. I assume I should have received some recognition that I registered on their site? Maybe that's part of why I can't log in? Yet my Paypal payment went through :glare: so they have my money. I just don't have my products.

This was my first scholastic order. I ordered on 8/20, and received a receipt in my inbox from Paypal.

When I go back to the Scholastic site, I cannot log in at all. I have tried both of my email addresses and neither works. When I request my info be sent to my inbox, it doesn't recognize either email address. So I paid my $14, and now I can't access any of the materials I purchased. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'd email them a copy of your paypal receipt, or call -- does it have an order number on your paypal receipt? How awful

That's a new one. I'd e-mail them. I can log in just fine.

I can buy. I can download. It's just that all the $1.00 ebooks I have clicked on say "out of stock".

Maybe I mistyped my email address, but I can't imagine I did so twice.

It is like scholastic has no record at all of me, except...I have a receipt from Paypal that I paid, and it includes the details of my order, my total, and my order number :confused:

I logged into my account to see if it still existed, and it does, and it lists my previous orders.

But!

Some of the items are no longer in their catalog! Such as "Making Revision Matter."

Also I was able to pull up a full preview of one of the items on my wish list. I hadn't before, or it wasn't working or something, or is only working for some. I clicked the magnifying glass to get it.

I just don't understand this website.

So, I just got off the phone with Scholastic. I have a PP receipt with all of my items listed. I was billed. But apparently I should have gotten an order confirmation from Scholastic, and I did not get one.

THe CS rep could see my order, and gave me an order # (which I did not have until now, as I never got a confirmation from the actual scholastic site. I did receive an itemized list of my items from paypal, with a receipt # from PP). The email they have is the one I've been using. She tried resetting my password and gave me a new one to try while I was on the phone with her. The site will not take my email or my password still :glare:

Now it has been handed off to the tech dept to see what is going on. My email was entered correctly, no error on my end. She can see the order, and can see my email address, but I still cannot log in at all.

They will call or email me when they know more.

I logged into my account to see if it still existed, and it does, and it lists my previous orders.

But!

Some of the items are no longer in their catalog! Such as "Making Revision Matter."

So does that mean you can't access them even though you paid for them? So I should print everything I order ASAP (eta: assuming I ever manage to be able to log in to my account!) in case they decide to delete it from their catalog? :glare:

Edited by Momof3littles

So does that mean you can't access them even though you paid for them? So I should print everything I order ASAP (eta: assuming I ever manage to be able to log in to my account!) in case they decide to delete it from their catalog? :glare:

I actually did download already, but it still has the download link -- I just think it's strange the item is no longer in their catalog. All my orders are still there with download links, so I don't feel overly alarmed, just sort of tired of them.

I just ordered...the first time, after I signed in, shopped, and went through the ordering screens, my entire order disappeared and I was told my cart was empty. Ack! All that time shopping wasted! Fortunately, I found that if I went backwards through the screens, I could see what I had ordered. I reloaded the cart, and everything worked fine from there, including downloading. Phew!

I just ordered...the first time, after I signed in, shopped, and went through the ordering screens, my entire order disappeared and I was told my cart was empty. Ack! All that time shopping wasted! Fortunately, I found that if I went backwards through the screens, I could see what I had ordered. I reloaded the cart, and everything worked fine from there, including downloading. Phew!

That happened to me too! But I haven't gone back to try reloading the cart yet. Hope that works for me too! :001_huh:

I just bought a bunch of ebooks, mostly grammar stuff, history and the read aloud plays. I got the Grammar Tales series, and the Punctuation Tales Teacher guide. For some reason the Grammar Tales Teacher guide was not on sale, neither were the Punctuation Tales books. There were some math and science stuff I wanted, but were out of stock. That seems strange, but they all seemed to be the same sort of item. Like Make and Learn, and Algebra Readiness. Other that that, there weren't any technical problems. So I got all dollar items, and was able to apply the 30% discount. And found a few free items to throw in too.

I just bought a bunch of ebooks, mostly grammar stuff, history and the read aloud plays. I got the Grammar Tales series, and the Punctuation Tales Teacher guide. For some reason the Grammar Tales Teacher guide was not on sale, neither were the Punctuation Tales books. There were some math and science stuff I wanted, but were out of stock. That seems strange, but they all seemed to be the same sort of item. Like Make and Learn, and Algebra Readiness. Other that that, there weren't any technical problems. So I got all dollar items, and was able to apply the 30% discount. And found a few free items to throw in too.

What were the free items? :)

For me, they are all calculated at their regular price when I add to my cart. :/ How is it possible to have so many different problems with their system??? I'm also seeing a bunch that are in the dollar sale, but also out of stock.

Edited by Calendula

I just hate that all the categories are gone. If I choose vocabulary it gives me everything on the site, not just the dollar deals. The best filter I can get is 0-$10. Doesn't help. Remember all the categories that used to be down the left side? By subject would help so much!

I've never had any issues with buying from them before, but I'm skipping this time. Maybe they will have their new site ironed out by the next go around.

I just hate that all the categories are gone. If I choose vocabulary it gives me everything on the site, not just the dollar deals. The best filter I can get is 0-$10. Doesn't help. Remember all the categories that used to be down the left side? By subject would help so much!

I've never had any issues with buying from them before, but I'm skipping this time. Maybe they will have their new site ironed out by the next go around.

:iagree:

Why on earth did they change their site, and take away all the features that actually make it usable!? The previews are gone, and the sorting is gone, and the search is just awful.

If I don't use any filters, categories or the search or anything, but just go through page after page from the main page, I can place things in my cart.

EDIT: Well that was LAST night. Now nothing is even on sale for $1.00. Everything is regular price.

Edited by Hunter

What were the free items? :)

Various random things. I sort the categories I'm looking at by price, and the free and $0.00 stuff show up first. They're mostly 1-2 page things, like a study on hurricanes, or a mini-book on nutrition. Or I think some are samplers taken from bigger books.