Menu

To all you LDS moms with EMS kids...

5:30 am is early! :tongue_smilie:

I look like this at 5:10 :blink:

I'd like to be doing this :closedeyes:

But instead I'm doing this:driving:

But she is doing this :D as she heads on in...and is loving it so far :001_smile:

Amazingly enough she is getting up easier than she ever has before! I was really thinking we were going to be struggling with waking her up.

But here I am...not really tired, although I really should be after all I've done today. And guess who has the Friday breakfast in the morning....

Yep, ME. I'm afraid I may be a little of this tomorrow :glare:

What is EMS? I'm guessing not emergency medical services........

Early morning seminary. All LDS kids have a daily religion class (coinciding with the school year), starting in ninth grade. In Utah, they just leave school and walk across the parking lot to the seminary building at some point during the regular school day. If you are not in Utah (or other states with a high LDS population), then you go before school, either at the church or another member's home. The classes usually meet between 5 and 6 AM.

EMS: Early Morning Seminary.

Since I couldn't sleep I prepared part of their Celestial Breakfast that is going to be part of their lesson.

Got the fruit salad cut up, bacon and sausage cooked and bread sliced for french toast. Many of my supplies are loaded in the truck.

I'm fortunate as we live 1.5 miles from our building. I smile every morning as I watch one of the boys roll up in his truck...he lives right next door, but doesn't want to walk through the wet grass, lol.

I normally come home do the dishes, feed the cats, check my email and then head back at almost daylight to pick weeds in the flower beds. Figured I can do a little service while I wait. And those beds are in dire need of being done.

Yes, that 6am start time is a killer. We live 15 minutes away from the building where our entire stake has seminary. It is not even the stake building, so some kids come from pretty far.

We are back in the carpool this year after graduating eldest dd.

Even more exciting is planning the carpool.

Between the 4 families in the carpool there are 3 different High Schools & us, the homeschoolers. Some kids get to seminary in one carpool and then hop into a different carpool for the ride to school. Some kids go home before school. Don't even get me started on the kids that have zero period or those that have advocacy on alternating Wednesdays or some other such nonsense.

I am thankful for it, and for those who teach it.

Amber in SJ

We still have two more weeks till it starts. I'm. It looking forward to getting dd up and going. I've been bugging her to try to get up with an alarm the past few weeks, but it's not working well. We're going to work out some sort of carpool with another family which is great because I thought I would end up driving the entire family most days. I'm still wondering if driving in pjs is a no-no though.

Release time seminary is one of my favorite things about living in Utah. :D

I salute you for your 5 AM diligence and dedication...from underneath my covers in my sleep. :lol:

I have been slightly giddy about release time myself. My own first year of seminary was home study, with a weekly meeting with the class. After that we had early morning, and my older brother drove us. I know my parents thought that one of the great things about living in Montana was that kids could get their regular drivers' licenses at 15 if they took drivers' ed at 14. Mom still got up and made us breakfast every morning, though. Looking back, I really admire her dedication.