Menu

For those who use proclick with spiral bindings- how do you deal with the pitch?

I would also like to add that I could have sworn up and down that I did all this research on the proper pitch of the coil to use when I was shopping and all of my info at that time said 4:1, so that is why I got the ones I did.

Now, when I try to research it, the dude at mybindingsupplies or whatever it's called is saying it can only be used with 3:1 pitch. Untrue. My coils are 4:1, if the amazon listing is to be believed and they work perfectly fine.

I don't know how to post photos on here, or I'd post a pic of the all the books I've made with Proclick p50 and those coils listed in my thread above.

I would also like to add that I could have sworn up and down that I did all this research on the proper pitch of the coil to use when I was shopping and all of my info at that time said 4:1, so that is why I got the ones I did.

Now, when I try to research it, the dude at mybindingsupplies or whatever it's called is saying it can only be used with 3:1 pitch. Untrue. My coils are 4:1, if the amazon listing is to be believed and they work perfectly fine.

I don't know how to post photos on here, or I'd post a pic of the all the books I've made with Proclick p50 and those coils listed in my thread above.

Thanks!

Proclick's pitch is 1:4. I have both the Proclick spines and some of the spiral spines....same pitch.

ETA: mybinding.com says that Proclick is 3:1, but the spirals that I have work perfectly. Maybe they are different pitches, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Edited by mandymom

When I use the Proclick with the rainbow spirals I bought on Amazon, they're generally fine--except when I make a very thin book. If the book doesn't have enough pages, it will tend to bend into something of an elongated C shape.

I'll try to get a photo later if you need one. It doesn't bother me, generally.

I have been wondering about this as well. I am wondering if the binding sold at Amazon has changed or if the 4:1 pitch works. I would love to see some pictures of what books look like with the spirals. If the spirals do work what is a popular size to get for spirals?

Janet

Is it tough to get the spiral binding in? I have just used "proclick" suppies up to this point and woud love to use some spirals!

No, the one's I've used (not the ones linked here) have a pointed end and are easy to twirl through the holes.

You just need to make sure you're not overstuffing the spiral with too many pages.

No, the one's I've used (not the ones linked here) have a pointed end and are easy to twirl through the holes.

You just need to make sure you're not overstuffing the spiral with too many pages.

Do you remember where you ordered your from?

How do you "decide" whether to go with a pro cick or spiral binding? I can me sitting over a stack of papers taking hours to deliberate the "perfect" choice! :-)

I have been wondering about this as well. I am wondering if the binding sold at Amazon has changed or if the 4:1 pitch works. I would love to see some pictures of what books look like with the spirals. If the spirals do work what is a popular size to get for spirals?

Janet

Here's an example of something I've done for this year. The holes are punched with a Proclick, but it has a 4:1 spiral in it. I generally only use the spirals on things that are thicker than I can find in Proclick spines. The one spiral coil in the picture is 20 mm. I bought them on eBay, because I didn't need that many since I use Proclick spines for most things.

tog1.jpg

tog2.jpg

Edited by mandymom

Do you remember where you ordered your from?

How do you "decide" whether to go with a pro cick or spiral binding? I can me sitting over a stack of papers taking hours to deliberate the "perfect" choice! :-)

I ordered from mybinding.com. the choice was pretty easy for me on spines, as the real pro-click spines only come in 3 sizes. I didn't own the largest until this spring, they were on clearance at mybinding. I like the spirals for things I know I won't open again, like workbooks, pdfs, stuff like that.

I did use the largest pro-click for our school planners this year and that has been good. I can modify them easily.