Menu

Can you can zucchini?

I don't know anything about canning it, but you could always bake a few loaves of chocolate zucchini bread and freeze those. :D

Yum! I've made pineapple zuch, but not chocolate zuch-that one would go over well.

My mom makes wonderful sweet pickle relish out of zucchini. I don't think you could can it just plain, though, it would turn to moosh. Freezing the cakes sounds good!

That I might have to do-

you have her recipe? :D:D:D

I am pretty sure you can freeze it as well especially if it is shredded.

Yes, shredded zucchini freezes well. Freeze individual bags/containers - whatever you use for zucchini bread for example.

I've also made a zucchini relish - I think the recipe is adapted from the Ball Blue Book.

I am pretty sure you can freeze it as well especially if it is shredded.

:iagree: I freeze shredded zuchinni and add it to casseroles, chilli, and spaghetti sauce to bulk up the fiber content. You can also puree zuchinni and add it to baked goods. Freeze the pureed zuchinni in muffin tins for easy use.

You cannot can zucchini and summer squash- it's simply unsafe to do so. Freezing, pickling or drying are the usual recommendations for zucchini. I've made refrigerator pickles in the past with zucchini- that turned out quite well. This year if I end up with an abundance I plan to slice my zucchini and freeze it. Then I can add it to soups and pastas all winter long.

I've frozen the shreds in the past with much success as well, but you do need to use them within a year or they suffer badly in the quality department.

Make Zuke Pickles! My family now prefers the zuke pickles to cuke pickles. They are firmer & look the same. :-)

Wish I had made more last year, because we didn't get enough this month.

Also freezing shredded and diced. AND eating some variation of it 3 times per week here. :glare: