Menu

Do I look different?

I'm sooo jealous. I dragged the children down and stood in line . . . and they ran out 3-4 people in front of me. The worst was that I knew fairly early on that there wouldn't be enough but still I had to stay in the stupid line for TWO HOURS just to ORDER one.

When the first iphone came out, I had a year left on my cell phone contract, so I have been waiting since then to get one. I also have a seriously aging PDA that is only working because DH cannabilized three others to fix it--I've been trying to baby it along to make it until now. I also have a teeny ipod with no screen that is driving me crazy for a year or so because I use it to listen to homeschooling talks and sermons and I can never tell where I "am" in the queue.

So I've been waiting a LONG time. And still no phone. Maybe, just maybe it might come in the very evening before we have to go out of town for 10 days! (That's the LAST time I want to be driving 30 minutes to the AT&T store AGAIN to set the crazy thing up.)

Can you tell I'm slightly peeved about this? I wasted good school hours on this mess this morning. I love, love , love my Apple and Mac products, but I wish they were way less juvenile about new release procedures. It's not a rock concert, it's a phone! As it was, I dragged my children out of bed an hour early to get down there as soon as I could. I couldn't have made it any earlier.

Grrrr.

However, I am glad for you--I'm glad you got one and that it's working well for you. Happy iphone weekend!

Krista, I have a question for you- can you view the threads in hybrid mode on your iphone? I can only see the linear mode... the spot where the hybrid mode shows the threads is blank on my Instinct.

I had to confiscate it from ds10 who is downloading all of the free games he can find for it so I could test it out for you. Yes, I can choose any of the display modes and they all work fine. Bummer it isn't working that way for you on the Instinct.

I'm SO jealous. We drove by the lines this morning, and opted out of waiting in them. (Though the 2 year old thought it would be a great idea. :rolleyes:) My boss ordered some, and we should get them in a week. I'll be happy with that...

I had to confiscate it from ds10 who is downloading all of the free games he can find for it so I could test it out for you. Yes, I can choose any of the display modes and they all work fine. Bummer it isn't working that way for you on the Instinct.

Thanks!! Yep the iPhone for sure has a better browser. That is very cool that you can use all the display modes!! I'll just have to wait for Sprint to upgrade the Instinct's browser.

LOL, I'm sorry your ds had to give the iPhone up for you to answer my question! Give him a hug from me! :)