Menu

And the winner of "strangest wedding decoration ever" will be - Faith's family for...

THE WEDDING ROCKET!!!!

Yep, dh and the boys will be building a large, flyable rocket, decorating it, hanging it in the reception hall, and LAUNCHING IT FOR THE FAMILY post-reception.

Boys in tuxedos, fuel, igniters, .... it wouldn't be a Faith's crazy family event if the potential to burn something or somebody was not an option!

Poor boy....he knoweth not what he getteth himself into for the bride doth heartily approve!

Faith

Can you post pictures at some point? I am picturing something rather large with lots of pink and white crepe streamer type loopy decorations, topped with some sort of folding accordion type bride & groom or wedding bell decorations on top. I guess I'm pretty much picturing a cake/rocket!

We've got 21 months to prepare, so if I remember, I will definitely post. DH wants to put something on youtube.

I'm so glad we have the extra time to hammer things out. DD works 5 -12 hr. shifts each week as a medic. She has two hrs. of commuting each day and then sleeps 8...so out of a 24 hr. day, we potentially only get to see her two hrs. On top of that, she works nights so when she isn't working, she keeps a modified day-time sleeping thing so she doesn't have to adjust back and forth between nights and days. Therefore, on the two days off, I've got her for maybe 2 or at absolute most, 3 hrs. and that's if she isn't running errands, cooking for herself, or and this is what she does a lot of....Skyping with the boy. Because she's low in senority, she works EVERY holiday eve and day. Her times off are odd times and generally Sundays. She's had some paid time off recently and that is what has allowed us to talk details. We won't have another opportunity for any significant time together again until October. If I only had one year or less to plan this on her schedule, I'd be BONKERS trying to get it done.

So, I'm absolutely thrilled to have nearly two years. However, in order to make you ladies super happy, I need to remember to write "rocket video and pics" in my planner.

Faith