Menu

Sadness here and a prayer request for my mom

My father died on June 29th, the day before his birthday. We are a close knit family & we miss him terribly.

Please pray for my mom tonight as it is the first night since he died that she will be home all alone. I & my kids were able to stay with her at the house until today which helped, but it was very painful to have to leave her alone. (We live a few hours away). She has been a tower of strength through her pain but she is having trouble sleeping well. She keeps waking up in the middle of the night & cannot get back to sleep. This isn't totally a new sleeping problem for her but it is especially painful to endure right now.

Thanks,

Jacqui

My mil has trouble sleeping. My fil has lung cancer and mil worries a great deal. She started taking a product called Midnight as a sleep aid.

The main ingredient in Midnight is melatonin. I found you can buy melatonin in the vitamin aisle at WM - they are all in alphabetical order. It is much less expensive to buy the melatonin instead of the brand name Midnight. Mil is sleeping much better. I, too, take it when I have trouble sleeping and it works for me as well.

I'm sorry about the loss of your father - losing a parent is so very hard. :grouphug:

My father died on June 29th, the day before his birthday. We are a close knit family & we miss him terribly.

Please pray for my mom tonight as it is the first night since he died that she will be home all alone. I & my kids were able to stay with her at the house until today which helped, but it was very painful to have to leave her alone. (We live a few hours away). She has been a tower of strength through her pain but she is having trouble sleeping well. She keeps waking up in the middle of the night & cannot get back to sleep. This isn't totally a new sleeping problem for her but it is especially painful to endure right now.

Thanks,

Jacqui

So sorry. Your dad and I shared a birthday. :)

for your mom and family. So very sorry to hear about this. My aunt just passed away last month and my uncle goes to different family households to stay extended periods. We're hoping this will help with the "immediate" need.

:grouphug: Sheryl

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. Your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I remember well how difficult it was for dad at night after my mom passed. During the day you can keep busy, but night is lonely.

Janet

Thanks,

Jacqui

:grouphug: I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for your mom and your whole family.

I & my kids were able to stay with her at the house until today which helped, but it was very painful to have to leave her alone. .

Quite by accident, I mailed a stuffed animal (a hedgehog) to my mother and it arrived the day my father died. She mentioned what a lift it was, and for the next month or so, I sent her little things every day I could. My sister did, too. My mother was 88 and no longer drove and lived alone, but I know the photos and funny cards and slim books and the big candlestick made her look forward to the next day and what it would bring.