Menu

Seriously, there are days when it's all business and curriculum and then there are some days where it seems we are just one match shy of a brush fire.

On that note -

Any one have a good dessert recipe you can share? What do you have that is out-of-this-world decadent?

My old standby favorite it an Eclair Dessert (which I'm sure everyone has had). This is identical to the one I make, except I use melted bakers chocolate.

Seriously, there are days when it's all business and curriculum and then there are some days where it seems we are just one match shy of a brush fire.

On that note -

Any one have a good dessert recipe you can share? What do you have that is out-of-this-world decadent?

My old standby favorite it an Eclair Dessert (which I'm sure everyone has had). This is identical to the one I make, except I use melted bakers chocolate.

Dude.

I've actually *NOT* ever had that before. And thanks a lot for posting the link. 'Cause, you know, I'm on a diet. And that looks delicious. Ugh.

(I've lost 23 pounds so far! Squee! But now I want dessert. :001_huh: :tongue_smilie:)

I love seven layer bars. SO good. I haven't made them in forever.

Dang. I seriously want dessert now. ERRRRRRG.

Holy cow those look good!

It's a shame DH doesn't like coconut....I would have to make them and eat them all by myself :D

No kidding; they're delicious.

And no worries; my dh doesn't like coconut either. You can leave that off. Yanno, if you want to share. :D

I'm not that much of a dessert girl. So, I will offer this recipe instead:

2 c water

Lg package lime jello

1 c tequila

1/2 c triple sec

margarita salt

Bring water to a boil, mix in jello mix until totally dissolved, add in liquor, pour in 2 oz cups and refrigerate. Sprinkle with salt just before they are totally set up.

2 c water

Lg package lime jello

1 c tequila

1/2 c triple sec

margarita salt

Bring water to a boil, mix in jello mix until totally dissolved, add in liquor, pour in 2 oz cups and refrigerate. Sprinkle with salt just before they are totally set up.

God Bless You. I weep with anticipation.

Edited by UnsinkableKristen
ETA: It's been a long day and I really can't express how welcome this recipe is :)

For some reason I always have errands to run when the near-brush fires happen, and only arrive on scene to see the aftermath (the fact there's a deleted thread. Or two.)

As for dessert--hubby is a Schwans man so there's never a shortage of ready made goodies in the freezer. Seriously, like my diet even stands a chance....

I haven't had this cake in years, and now I wish I could have some. It's SOOOO delicious!

EARTHQUAKE CAKE

Ingredients:

Coconut

Pecans

1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix

1 Stick of Salted Butter

1 One pound box of Powdered Sugar

1 8 oz. Pkg. Cream Cheese

Tips:

Recipe says to use a 10 x 14 Jelly Roll Pan. Suggest using a pan with taller sides, more than 1†tall. If pan is not deep enough, it will run over.

If you use a 9X13†cake pan, the cake does not get done in center and outside edges get hard if cooked too long. Use a bigger pan.

STEP 1:

Spray cake pan with Pam cooking spray (works better, but is not mandatory)

STEP 2:

Mix together:

1 ½ cups Coconut

1 ½ cups Pecans

Spread in bottom of 10x14 cake pan, with at least 2†sides

STEP 3:

Prepare Cake Mix according to its package directions

(1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix)

Pour on top of Coconut and Pecans

STEP 4:

Cream together:

1 8oz. Pkg. Cream Cheese

1 Stick of Salted Butter (the real stuff)

¾ of a 1 lb. Box of powdered sugar, approximately (1 full box is a little too sweet)

Drop by small Tablespoons on top of cake mixture. DO NOT SWIRL.

Bake at 350 ° for anywhere between 35 – 50 minutes. This will depend on what size pan you are using. There will be puffed up chocolate cake areas in center that you can touch to see how done center is.

CAKE WILL LOOK A MESS. NO ICING IS NEEDED.

Edited by oasis

2 c water

Lg package lime jello

1 c tequila

1/2 c triple sec

margarita salt

Oh Em Gee

My kids are going to Grandma's tomorrow. And to think I had such high hopes for cleaning out closets.....

Anyway, this is the first 'cake' I ever learned to bake:

One package chocolate cake mix

One can cherry pie filling (I think a big can, approx 32 oz is correct)

One bag chocolate chips

1) mix the cake mix with the cherry pie filling. Pour into a well greased oblong cake pan.

2) bake at 350 for... look at the cake box. Yeah, what it says there.

3) when cake is cool, melt the chocolate chips in the micro or in a pot. Pour the melted chocolate chips on the cake and let the chocolate cool.

FTR, I can actually bake for reals. I even took classical french pastry lessons and the chef offered me an internship. I feel the need to establish my creds :lol:

We have that every Christmas Eve for dessert! My mom makes it the day before, and my brother and I take turns cake-napping it during the morning and afternoon.

DS4 and I made a fantastic cherry cobbler using fresh sweet cherries and homemade biscuit dough, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar on top. It was honestly the best dessert that I've ever had. I've been chugging Alka Seltzer tonight due to a weekend of party food, and that cherry cobbler still sounds good.

I haven't made it yet, but I'm guessing it'll go something like...

Pkg of gummi bears, spread evenly in bottom of pan.

Cover w/vodka.

Let sit for a while, guessing vodka should cause gummies to swell.

:D

Okay, this works best if you put the gummies in a container in the fridge and stir them once or twice a day for about 5 days. The gummies will definitely swell; they will also emerge from their refridgerated vodka bath full of sweet lovely goodness. :D

Okay, this works best if you put the gummies in a container in the fridge and stir them once or twice a day for about 5 days. The gummies will definitely swell; they will also emerge from their refridgerated vodka bath full of sweet lovely goodness. :D

I also like to mark the container and remind my kids that they are MOMMY's gummies. (cuz I do not want to be the one explaining to my tee-totaling in-laws why my kids are talking about eating the "grown up gummy bears"!) :tongue_smilie:

Bwah hahaha! Course, it could ensure the kids fall asleep early...

*runs*

On that note -

My nana makes this....and now my mom does too. And my hubby and mom surprised me with it on my birthday earlier this month. SO DELICIOUS.

If you eat enough of them, then it will seem like a good idea to drop them into glasses of wine.

If you eat enough of them, then it will seem like a good idea to drop them into glasses of wine.

:001_wub:

Ah, Mrs. Mungo, how I love your posts. It seems as though every time I open a thread to which you have posted my horizons are once again expanded. :D

2 c water

Lg package lime jello

1 c tequila

1/2 c triple sec

margarita salt

Oh, golly, I needed this recipe! Thanks!

True Story. The first time I ever got drunk, it was completely without my knowledge. At a party I attended, there were vodka-soaked pineapple, which I did not know until the next day. That whole night I just kept thinking what a wonderful, magical night it was. I was so happy and light-hearted. Not to mention oblivious... :lol:

I haven't made it yet, but I'm guessing it'll go something like...

Pkg of gummi bears, spread evenly in bottom of pan.

Cover w/vodka.

Let sit for a while, guessing vodka should cause gummies to swell.

:D

:lol::lol::lol:

Thank you all for the recipes -- I am going to make a different one every few days. you all are the best.:D

On that note -

How about a Scottish kilt cake? :D