Menu

Is there a dish soap....

That is also good for hands? I am using hand and dish soap all through out the day. We have one built in dispenser so I constantly have a bottle out..... Which I *hate* I did use a cute, decorative glass bottle but two have broken now, I assume from placing down too hard on the granite. Really, I'd prefer the under sink dispenser to hold dish soap I could use on my hands. Suggestions? I do was my hands frequently so can't use anything which would dry them out.

Yes, we have a bathroom downstairs but I use the kitchen sink the most.

I'm not sure it makes any difference to my hands but I use watered-down Dawn in my soap dispenser. Not the blue stuff, the Olay Renewal versions. I prefer using dish soap in the kitchen dispenser because it works better at getting grease off my hands.

You have a built-in dispenser? Well, put your dish-washing soap in that, and then have a cute dispenser for hand-washing soap. I found some cute ones at Bed, Bath and Beyond that are either plastic or have a metal holder with a plastic bottle insert; I put a lavendar-scented hand soap in it, although for many years I used Amway's LOC--I just decided I wanted the fragrance. :) Amway's dish-washing soap seems to be pretty good on my hands, although I don't wash sinkfuls of dishes (I have a dishwasher that I use faithfully), but I do handwash some things during the day.

You have a built-in dispenser? Well, put your dish-washing soap in that, and then have a cute dispenser for hand-washing soap. I found some cute ones at Bed, Bath and Beyond that are either plastic or have a metal holder with a plastic bottle insert; I put a lavendar-scented hand soap in it, although for many years I used Amway's LOC--I just decided I wanted the fragrance. :) Amway's dish-washing soap seems to be pretty good on my hands, although I don't wash sinkfuls of dishes (I have a dishwasher that I use faithfully), but I do handwash some things during the day.

I grow weary of dispensers like that. I need to be diligent to clean up after everyone or I fear the granite would stain. All our bathroom ones get gunky beneath..... Not quite sure what the kids do.

I run the dishwasher daily but still wash pots and pans, among other things, daily. It seems like all I do is clean the kitchen!:glare:

I grow weary of dispensers like that. I need to be diligent to clean up after everyone or I fear the granite would stain. All our bathroom ones get gunky beneath..... Not quite sure what the kids do.

I run the dishwasher daily but still wash pots and pans, among other things, daily. It seems like all I do is clean the kitchen!:glare:

I keep the bottle of dishwashing detergent under the sink, because I don't like cleaning supplies sitting out. It only takes a second to take it out and put it back. I only have the liquid handwashing soap above, and since my sink is over-mounted, it can sit on the sink, not on the counter, IYSWIM. Is your sink undermounted?

I keep the bottle of dishwashing detergent under the sink, because I don't like cleaning supplies sitting out. It only takes a second to take it out and put it back. I only have the liquid handwashing soap above, and since my sink is over-mounted, it can sit on the sink, not on the counter, IYSWIM. Is your sink undermounted?

It is undermounted. I could easily out the dish soap beneath but it is a pain to keep getting it out. 9 times out of 10 I forget to grab it first and then end up dripping wetness all down the cabinet front.

I am difficult.:tongue_smilie:

My favorite is the giant thing of enviro friendly from Costco. I use it for dishes and hand soap. I buy the Method foaming pumps from Target, and then when they are empty refill with the Costco soap. I just use that in the kitchen and all bathrooms. The Method foamers refill the best and last forever.

It is undermounted. I could easily out the dish soap beneath but it is a pain to keep getting it out. 9 times out of 10 I forget to grab it first and then end up dripping wetness all down the cabinet front.

I am difficult.:tongue_smilie:

::hands on hips::

Now, see here, girlie. You can retrain yourself to do anything! :D

You gotta choose something: you have to get used to using your built-in dispenser, or you have to get used to taking *2 seconds* to get that bottle under the sink, or you have to come up with a way to keep dispensers on the granite without messing up your granite. Right? If you were happy with the way you're doing it now, we wouldn't be having this conversation, right? Soooo....:D

How about a tray from some place like Bed, Bath and Beyond, that's plastic, or wood, or wicker, you know, that will hold two identical bottles on the counter top, one for dishwashing soap, one for handwashing soap?

I keep the bottle of dishwashing detergent under the sink, because I don't like cleaning supplies sitting out. It only takes a second to take it out and put it back.

I live with barbarians. Could you come train them to put the dish soap bottle away, please? (Bring a whip with you if you come.) :D

Try Dawn with Olay Hand Renewal. We don't have a dishwasher so I obviously do everything by hand. I also hate gloves and refuse to wear them. I used the Dawn with Olay all thru the winter and my hands stayed soft.

:iagree: I haven't bought anything else except this since it came out.....maybe seven or so years ago.

I buy this at Walmart: http://m.drugstore.com/dawn-ultra-hand-renewal-with-olay-beauty-dishwashing-liquid-pomegranate/qxp220354

I have it in one dispenser......wash dishes and hands with it with no dryness at all. Oh, and I do a lot of washing....family of eight who eats out maybe once a month (including fast food). ;)

I think the easiest answer will be to try the Olay soap. If that doesn't work I will next try a cute bowl with fancy bar soap.

Ellie: :001_tt2::lol: i can put the soap under the sink but only when I can remember to grab it BEFORE I get all wet. And dh (bless his heart:tongue_smilie:) would surely cause a bigger mess than he already does with soap under the sink. Yeah, that's the ticket..... Dh will be the issue.:D