Menu

Rainbow Resources lost orders last week!!!

zoo_keeper

FYI - last week RR's system had a glitch and they lost some orders.

I placed an order last week (7/2) and then again last night. While I received confirmation emails from Paypal for each transaction, I only received a confirmation email from RR for last night's order. Becoming nervous by this discrepancy, I just called them and discovered that even though they received payments, they never received any corresponding order information for some of last week's orders. They therefore have no way of contacting the purchasers.

So, if you ordered last week and never got an email (or a shipment, obviously), I'd call them to discover if you're one of the unlucky few.

BTW, they can either rebuild the order or cancel the payment and let you resubmit the order later.

Thanks for posting! I placed a big order on 7/5 and never got a confirmation email. I did print out the page from my shopping cart check out. I'll definitely be calling tomorrow to check up on it! I placed a large Home Science Tools order not too long ago, and I also didn't get a confirmation email, but that package got here with no problems, so I really didn't think too much about not getting the confirmation email from Rainbow. But now I am concerned!

I'm glad I saw this post. I placed an order on Saturday, and I honestly don't remember if I got a confirmation email or not, because I usually delete them right away. I only hang onto the shipping emails (until the package arrives). How quickly are they shipping right now? Today was only the 2nd business day since I ordered. My credit card does show a charge to RR, as pending.

I guess I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up. I even paid for priority mail for this package (it was under $50, so not free shipping anyway) because we already started our school year, and we need the books!

They send confirmation emails? I've never gotten one. I've always just been surprised. Anyway, thanks for the warning. I placed an order on the first.

They have been sending shipping emails (with tracking info!) for about the last year, I think. It started around the time they changed their website maybe?

They have been sending shipping emails (with tracking info!) for about the last year, I think. It started around the time they changed their website maybe?

I've placed at least five orders in the last year and never gotten an email. The only email I ever got was my first order ever like three years ago that something was back ordered and they were holding my shipment until it came in.

My confirmation of the order emails are usually (always?) in my junk email folder. I don't remember ever getting a "shipped" email from RR. I'm usually just surprised when the box shows up (usually missing whatever was backordered).

I've had to call a couple of times in the last few years because the box didn't come & didn't come & didn't come. Usually, one thing was backordered & they thought it would be in "any day," so they kept my order from shipping.

I'm getting my 'instafix' with Amazon Prime deliveries for some of the books that turned out cheaper on Amazon than from RR. RR's box will be my long-term wait -- but a goodie when it finally arrives.

I'm glad I saw this post. I placed an order on Saturday, and I honestly don't remember if I got a confirmation email or not, because I usually delete them right away. I only hang onto the shipping emails (until the package arrives).

I keep all this stuff. I have a receipts folder and I just put them in. I also have a running list of items I am expecting. Otherwise I can forget all about things.

On my most recent order, I received no shipping notice. I was also pleasantly surprised at how quickly it arrived. They used to take a couple weeks or something.

I've placed at least five orders in the last year and never gotten an email. The only email I ever got was my first order ever like three years ago that something was back ordered and they were holding my shipment until it came in.

...and luckily I had a backordered item. So, I know they have my order.

I'm wondering if it was with only certain kinds of payment? I'm going to be placing an order with them on Friday and I usually pay with Paypal, but I could use a CC if that would be more likely to not have a problem.

The lady I spoke to (who was super nice, BTW, and issued the refund very quickly) said that the problem occurred with Paypal transactions. That is, that PayPal processed the payment and forwarded the funds onto RR but that they didn't forward on any order data.

That said, when I rebuilt my lost order yesterday afternoon, without thinking I paid with PayPal again. This time, however, I received an order confirmation email within an hour or two.

The lady I spoke to (who was super nice, BTW, and issued the refund very quickly) said that the problem occurred with Paypal transactions. That is, that PayPal processed the payment and forwarded the funds onto RR but that they didn't forward on any order data.

That said, when I rebuilt my lost order yesterday afternoon, without thinking I paid with PayPal again. This time, however, I received an order confirmation email within an hour or two.

Yes, when I called to check on my order from 7/5, the lady I spoke to said the same thing--a problem with Paypal. My order is just fine and is being shipped tomorrow! I paid with a credit card.

Mine supposedly shipped out and is in transit, but USPS says they can't track the order using the number Rainbow gave me. So I guess I'm going to be nervous until it gets here.

I would imagine giving tracking #s would save a lot of answering the phone. Even I -- an individual seller on WTM -- make sure my customers get their tracking #.