Menu

The mountain by my house is finally on fire.

Why not? Most of the other mountains are. Evacuations again in a nearby area (from yet another fire). Waiting to see what happens with our mountain. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to all the mommas here affected by the crazy wildfires this summer.

Edited by LittleIzumi

Why not? Most of the other mountains are. Evacuations again in a nearby area (from yet another fire). Waiting to see what happens with our mountain. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to all the mommas here affected by the crazy wildfires this summer.

Wait what? Which mountain? How will we know if we need to evacuate? Is there a website to look at, I don't have TV

Gah! I saw that...down near Alpine? My dh was down there and couldn't believe how fast it was moving and crested the mountain. Stay safe!

WHAT?!?! Going to get the 72 hour kit ready. :auto:

(I'm a little further south than Alpine, but I suppose another one could start)

Gah! I saw that...down near Alpine? My dh was down there and couldn't believe how fast it was moving and crested the mountain. Stay safe!

Nope, not that one. This one just started today, but Alpine is getting the press, as it should because it's HUGE!!!! Smoke is billowing over Timp here.

Wait what? Which mountain? How will we know if we need to evacuate? Is there a website to look at, I don't have TV

I've heard both that it's Timp itself, and also that it's East right next to Timp instead. Either way, hellooooooo smoke. My brother compared it visually to a volcano from our view.

Nope, not that one. This one just started today, but Alpine is getting the press, as it should because it's HUGE!!!! Smoke is billowing over Timp here.

I've heard both that it's Timp itself, and also that it's East right next to Timp instead. Either way, hellooooooo smoke. My brother compared it visually to a volcano from our view.

Oh my gosh, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Ok, DH is trying to convince me that we should be ok since we're far enough away from the mountain and the roads and river will slow it down. Not like it's much of a river right now. But I do hope all those houses on the mountain are ok. I don't want a fire this close.

:grouphug:

My SIL and BIL's house was right in the thick of the Herriman fire last week. In fact, my DH was out visiting and was there for the whole thing.

I'll send good thoughts your way.

Oh, wow, Timp??? My favorite mountain...yes, I have one. :D

So, is Lindon being evacuated or anything like that? Hope everyone is safe on the Provo bench....those fires move ridiculously fast.

And so now, of course, I can hear people setting off fireworks. :glare::glare::glare: Packing up the 72-hour kit just in case.

And so now, of course, I can hear people setting off fireworks. :glare::glare::glare: Packing up the 72-hour kit just in case.

Oh yeah...Utahns are pyromaniacs. We have all kinds of aerial fireworks going off in my neighborhood. The HUGE professional kind. The "I made a run to Evanston" kind. :D

Oh yeah...Utahns are pyromaniacs. We have all kinds of aerial fireworks going off in my neighborhood. The HUGE professional kind. The "I made a run to Evanston" kind. :D

*snort* I've seen those stands in WY....

The fire was growing when I was outside at sunset. Not sure how they notify about evacuations... like if I should stay up tonight or what. :001_huh: I still don't see anything on the news about Timp on fire, but, you know, I can see it from the end of my backyard. :glare: Unless the Alpine fire jumped several cities south (last I read it was moving north, so, no).

Edited by LittleIzumi