Menu

chair booster seats for 7 yr old child

For an older child like that I would choose a kaboost. Instead of lifting just the child up, they boost the chair up from the feet. That way the chair is just a normal chair, just higher. We've had a couple and they are super stable and fit lots of different chairs (pretty much any chair with four legs should work since the kaboost is really adjustable). People always comment what a cool idea it is when the finally notice that one chair is higher than the others.

I linked to the amazon page above, but here is the product's own website: http://www.kaboost.com/whats_kaboost.html

For an older child like that I would choose a kaboost. Instead of lifting just the child up, they boost the chair up from the feet. That way the chair is just a normal chair, just higher. We've had a couple and they are super stable and fit lots of different chairs (pretty much any chair with four legs should work since the kaboost is really adjustable). People always comment what a cool idea it is when the finally notice that one chair is higher than the others.

I linked to the amazon page above, but here is the product's own website: http://www.kaboost.com/whats_kaboost.html

:iagree: we have a couple of these and they are great, they have nonskid feet too.

I also have one of these and love it. My not quite 7 year old son has it for his school chair. It also doubles as a nice stable step stool.

:iagree: Great product!

THESE are so great, I still have 2 of them for company.

:iagree:

FYI: They have different sizes, so make sure you are buying the right size. DD5 has the larger one. (Lower height/wider base)

DD5 (70lbs-size 8/10 clothes) has one and it is wonderful. I see parents carrying them to the theater sometimes. It is my 'big brother/big sister' gift for little kids (I like to bring sibling gifts when babies are born).

We have chairs from IKEA that the kids have had since they were toddlers. They actually have them at their desks as they can sit fine at the table now but not at their desks or the computer.

This isn't what we have but is similar:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10099897/

We have Ikea junior chairs as well, and LOVE them. Ours are AGAM, which I believe they still have in the store, but not on the website, for some reason.

As a short person I recommend also finding something for them to rest their feet on. We have Tripp Trapp chairs and those are great because they also support the feet/legs. Those are expensive so you could get a small foot stool instead or a less expensive Tripp Trapp type chair. It has been well worth the investment though. We also use them for school work.

I find myself sitting on my legs/feet in many instances because it is so tiring and painful to have one's feet dangling.

The keekaroo chair linked in one of the above posts is a good alternative to the Tripp Trapp. I wish I would have bought a whole slew of Keekaroos when my kids were younger. My kids love the one we have and although it's supposed to be for my 7 year old for school, they will fight over who gets to use it at other times.