Menu

anyone on FL West Coast affected by TS Debbie?

We are still under a tornado warning, but it should end soon. There was some minor flooding along the sea wall in the late afternoon and our roof is leaking a bit in the living room. But the storm seems to be passing now and no major damage in our area.

The toughest part has been getting the dog out for a wee. The 60mph gusts just blow her right over.

The pool pump has worked overtime. I'm thankful that a few months ago I put in a French drain where the pool pump drains. But the pool level is rising anyway. I don't think it will flood over, however.

The pool cage has taken the brunt of the wind, but so far, I haven't seen any tears or areas of loose structure.

We are lucky in that our town has a massive water control system that pumps out runoff into the lakes. That seems to be holding as well with no flooding, but the lakes are still about 1 ft. higher than normal. The road drains are holding so we only have flooding on the sides of roads. Our town was built with large divots on the sides of all the roads, so there's plenty of water space before the roads will flood.

I hope everyone else is doing well. We may have a few more days of this. :confused:

I just went out and checked my rain gauge and, even though I'm in NE FL, we got 4.5 inches over night. Holy cow!

I'm in the same area....crazy rains we've been getting! We're supposed to go to a birthday party this morning across the river, but I'm not sure I want to get out in this. Yikes!

My yard is basically a swamp. One of our well pipes broke, and the ground is so wet and filled with water that dh can't dig up the pipe to fix it. So we have no running water in the house. I have to send the boys out in the rain to fill up buckets from the well.

I told dh to get a mask and snorkel so he can dive into the massive puddle to fix the pipe! :lol:

Yucky and wet from constant rain. There are some areas of flooding but I don't think there is any major damage locally. We are not getting any wind from the storm at this point, just endless rain.

The news said the storm is still just sitting there.:glare: So, it will be raining for the next few days apparently.