"So Many Bunnies"

"The Big Red Barn"

"Telling Time with Big Mama Cat"

"Mouse Paint"

"Where's Waldo"

The Beatrix Potter series

"The Velveteen Rabbit"

The "Spot" books

When I was a kid, my favorite book in the whole world was "Tales of Mr. Pengachoosa" I still have a copy. My kids don't love it as much as I did, though.

I also loved a particular fairy tale book I had as a child. I wish I could find another copy of it or find the actual book. It had the most astoundingly beautiful illustrations and had many stories I hadn't heard before. My favorite was called "Silvershod," about a deer with magical hooves that showered gems. I would pay hundreds if I could lay my hands on that book again, but alas, I don't know anything about the title other than it was a fairy tale book.

ETA: The gods have smiled upon me. No lie, I just on a whim looked at Amazon and I FOUND the book! I am about to die of joy! The book is coming to me in mere days and I have longed for it for 25 years! YAYYYYYYYY!

Edited by Quill

I also loved a particular fairy tale book I had as a child. I wish I could find another copy of it or find the actual book. It had the most astoundingly beautiful illustrations and had many stories I hadn't heard before. My favorite was called "Silvershod," about a deer with magical hooves that showered gems. I would pay hundreds if I could lay my hands on that book again, but alas, I don't know anything about the title other than it was a fairy tale book.

We have a book with the story of Silvershod in it that is actually called "The Fairy Tale Book."

It was reprinted as "The Golden Book of Fairy Tales."

http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Golden_Book_of_Fairy_Tales.html?id=q8GkqZaJ-W8C

This is the one we have - http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qwork=2234919

We have a book with the story of Silvershod in it that is actually called "The Fairy Tale Book."

It was reprinted as "The Golden Book of Fairy Tales."

http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Golden_Book_of_Fairy_Tales.html?id=q8GkqZaJ-W8C

This is the one we have - http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qwork=2234919

That's the one! I just found this on Amazon and I cannot tell you how many times I've tried to find this book in the past few decades! I am breathless with joy! I'm not even kidding. I have missed this book and the amazing illustrations so badly...and now it is going to be in my hot little hands again! I am dying of joy!

Another Jamberry family here! Definitely one of our favorites. More are:

Gotta Go! (precious story of a monarch butterfly's flight to Mexico)

Harold and the Purple Crayon

The Country Bunny and the Golden Shoes

Time of Wonder

Make Way for Ducklings

Don't Forget the Bacon!

Miss Suzy

So many wonderful books...we could read all day long. :)

My 17 year old had this Sesame Street book called Don't Forget the Oatmeal about Ernie and Bert grocery shopping that I had to read a million times. Cookie Monster goes crazy in the cookie aisle and ds loved that part so much.

My 11 year old loved Dr. Seuss books, especially The Cat in the Hat. And also, Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel and Arrow to the Sun were his clear favorites at ages 2 and 3.

My dd's favorites were fairy tales, we have a lot of fairy tale collections. Also, anything by Tomi de Paola, especially the Strega Nona series. Oh, and also Our Animal Friends at Maple Hill Farm and James Herriot's Treasury for Children, any animal books.

Ds 8 loved Imogene's Antlers, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Harold and the Purple Crayon, all of the original Curious George stories, How to Dig a Hole to the Other Side of the World, and George Shrinks.

My 18 month old loves nursery rhymes, we read Mother Goose a lot and lately he's into a big colorful edition we have of This is the House that Jack Built.

ETA: The gods have smiled upon me. No lie, I just on a whim looked at Amazon and I FOUND the book! I am about to die of joy! The book is coming to me in mere days and I have longed for it for 25 years! YAYYYYYYYY!

Yay!!!! so glad you found your beloved childhood book!

Favorites in our house have been Where the Wild Things Are, the Frances books by Hoban, Tintin, Swallows and Amazons, Owen, Winnie the Pooh originals, Little Wolf series, Frog and Toad, Nicholas series by Grosciny (sp?), Basil's Search for Miracles, Anne of GG series, Just So Stories, and many more. :001_smile: