Menu

Ice Cream Maker suggestions please

I would imagine that one is perfectly fine. We have the slightly smaller, less expensive http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-20-Automatic-2-Quart-Cream/dp/B00000JGRT/ref=sr_1_3?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1338780194&sr=1-3 that we like a lot. Very easy to use and best of all, no ice needed. It does mean that you have to plan ahead to make sure the bowl is frozen, but we often just leave it in the freezer so it's always ready. I love homemade ice cream :tongue_smilie:

I would imagine that one is perfectly fine. We have the slightly smaller, less expensive http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-20-Automatic-2-Quart-Cream/dp/B00000JGRT/ref=sr_1_3?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1338780194&sr=1-3 that we like a lot. Very easy to use and best of all, no ice needed. It does mean that you have to plan ahead to make sure the bowl is frozen, but we often just leave it in the freezer so it's always ready. I love homemade ice cream :tongue_smilie:

I have 3 different friends who have the one linked in this quote. They all love it and the ice cream is wonderful. One friend purchased an extra bowl so she would always have one ready to go.:tongue_smilie:

We also have the 1.5 qt. version and like it a lot! Keep bowl ready in freezer. Some reviewers complain that the ice cream is "soft" (like soft-serve) and/or they complain about having to freeze it in the freezer to firm it up. These are both true. It's not "instant" ice cream. We've really enjoyed trying different flavors. Most memorable was when the children contributed their old Halloween candy and Dh made candy ice cream!

I've decided that this will be the summer we splurge on an ice-cream maker, and have been looking at this one. Does anyone have it? Do you love it? Hate it? Have a different suggestion? I'd like to keep the cost under $100.

Have the one you linked and I am madly in love with it, especially since I recently moved to the desert, where it was already 103 on Mother's Day. I just put an extra bowl on my wish list. :D

I have the one you linked as well. It makes yummy ice cream. My DH didnt want one, but he just had a huge bowl of strawberry ice cream tonight that was mostly healthy (fresh strawberries, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla) and loved every minute of it. I do not regret my purchase at all!

We've had this one for several years and love it. The only parts I have to store are the top and beater, and they fit into my Bin of Random Implements (with my mandolin, processor blades, etc). I'm not sure I would love a whole appliance like that one.

They're very simple machines. Keep the bowl frozen and, as long as the motor works, you're in business.

We also have the 1.5 qt. version and like it a lot! Keep bowl ready in freezer. Some reviewers complain that the ice cream is "soft" (like soft-serve) and/or they complain about having to freeze it in the freezer to firm it up. These are both true. It's not "instant" ice cream. We've really enjoyed trying different flavors. Most memorable was when the children contributed their old Halloween candy and Dh made candy ice cream!

So true. Those would make me laugh, if people didn't take them seriously. We're a big fan of Ben & Jerry's knockoff recipes. I may have to spring for hte official recipe book this summer.

:iagree: We use this one too and like it.