Menu

Anyone want to come over and help?

I need someone else's energy and thinking skills to finish:

-organizing and setting up a pantry

-organizing cleaning products

-organizing, setting up and purging our learning room stuff

-organizing the garage and purging

I'm fried. I charged my wireless drill last night so I can put holes in the wall today to anchor bookcases, hang an iron/iron board holder and other miscellaneous stuff. We're (the kids and I) going to pull everything out of the garage today and reload it with some type of plan. Too much, just too much to do. I don't want to just throw things around and put them wherever. Sigh.

It's a lot harder moving into a smaller place than I expected. :)

I'm fried. I charged my wireless drill last night so I can put holes in the wall today to anchor bookcases, hang an iron/iron board holder and other miscellaneous stuff. We're (the kids and I) going to pull everything out of the garage today and reload it with some type of plan. Too much, just too much to do. I don't want to just throw things around and put them wherever. Sigh.

I wish I could! When I start to get overwhelmed with stuff like that I just start getting rid of everything. If I haven't used it in a year then it's gone! I'm doing my garage today as well so I'll be thinking of ya! Just take it one room at a time, and put on some praise and worship music!:bigear:

I kept a big roll of trash bags nearby after we moved. Then I would look at something in my exhaustion and wonder why we moved it in the first place.

We're there with you in spirit. Agree with the W&P music. My work gets done more quickly while listening to Israel Houghton.

think. anymore. about. anything. [dragging my body across the floor] lol.

All I want is to WIGGLE MY NOSE and everything be in it's place and focus on our lessons! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. My nose must be broken. I cannot put it off b/c that is just time wasted. Once I get something done, I'll feel better.

I *think* the bookcases are anchored to the walls, there are holes, screws and brackets. I'm not going to pull on them though. :tongue_smilie: I think P&W music is the answer, the kids will dig it too!

Did I just say, "dig it"? :001_rolleyes:

Oh, and is there anyway to salvage a perfectly fine cork board that only has horizontal hanging thingys when I want to hang it vertical? Without too much damage to the wall? The only thing I can think of is to wrap ribbon around the bottom corners and secure it at the top.

My washing machine broke for good yesterday. I have eight loads of laundry to do and four people to pack for Family Camp. :eek:

On the cork board: Go to the hardware store and get more hangey-thingeys and really tiny nails. Carefully nail the new hangey-thingeys to the proper place on the back of the corkboard and hang on the wall.

OHHHH I wanna help do you live near Indiana?? Sad I love to arrange other peoples stuff I really do I think I am OCD about it now in this house I hate it! A friend was overwhelmed with the room that housed 4 yes four little girls I had a blast arranging organizing etc. I would love to help you but I will pray for you does that help just a bit maybe?:D

We just did the garage yesterday. I'd be proud, but I'm too tired to feel anything just yet. You'll feel sooo much better when it's done. And you're awake enough again to feel. We're waiting on a trip to IKEA before starting the school stuff. Today, I pulled everything out of the master closet (aka The Stashing Grounds) and forced myself to empty the boxes and start shuttling things.

Oh, and Leo and Ella have ended up sharing again - I thought of you when I was browsing for bedding.

I'm no help, but you have my sympathies. Mom just bought us new bookcases for the schoolroom. I am now trying to load them up with some semblance of order -- it's taking me FOREVER to just come up with a PLAN!!!

I keep telling myself: one book at a time. Just deal with one book at a time.

Good luck - and try to enjoy the process!

I would also love to help, as I am experienced in this field. We (or should I say 'I') went through everything and got rid of anything that hasn't been used in the last year. We (I) have done considerable down sizing. It is a great feeling once to get to that point.

Prayers are with you for strength and help.

I'm sweating buckets, I have toys that could just disappear but my conscience isn't good with that without the kids having their opinion. A church member called and I told her that next time, we're hiring movers. She said, I don't blame you. Lol. I'm thinking... Good! B/c you'll be the ones paying for it!

The garage is almost done and then that's it for me today. I'll have to take another shower and watch HGTV for the rest of the afternoon and yell at the kids from the couch. Lol. I'm only sort of kidding.

I'm making ziti puttanesca for the first time tonight so that will be fun. It does feel good to feel like the garage has places to put stuff, places that make sense and we can find. :001_smile: Dh will be happy too.

Almost done, final push...

Absolutely. But you'll have to help me sort and purge toys. The real challenge, of course, is to do this without the watching eyes of the children.

Doesn't your head hurt from the decisions? Mine gets fried by afternoon. Yesterday, I sorted books in piles (which were of course unstacked by the 18 mo in short time).

Today I have to pause and pay bills and change our address with a multitude of companies. In the meantime my bathrooms are becoming a health hazard and the laundry keeps piling up. Sound familiar?

Jo

Today, I pulled everything out of the master closet (aka The Stashing Grounds) and forced myself to empty the boxes and start shuttling things.

The story of my life! The stashing grounds is our master closet too. The secondary stash is in the boys closet where I have literally thrown all clothing that needs to be sorted. I figure I'll just wait until I have enough ground space to make that a day project when my mom arrives before the baby is born.

Isn't moving grand? :D:D